Is Suncore Conversion as good as Monroe ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

don b

Reaction score
99 Expy.4wd - Is the Suncore air susp. conversion as good as the Monroe kit ?
I can get the Suncore heavy duty kit shipped to me for $158, direct from suncore or I can get the Monroe kit new on ebay for between $225-$250.
I've looked thru a bunch of threads and have seen both kits recommended but nothing about which is preferred.
Suncore actually has 2 kits available, one is $151 and the other says Heavy Duty for the $158.
I figured if I went with Suncore I'd go with the heavy duty kit
Curious if Monroe is equal to regular Suncore or heavy duty Suncore.

Previous owner changed out the rear and removed the compressor but left the front air shocks on it. Bouncy is an understatement.

OP
OP
D

don b

Reaction score
The rear seems pretty bouncy too and for $158 I'll know it will be fixed

Awbarrett1001

Reaction score
I just bought a conversion kit by Unity for 129 bucks. I'm not sure how good it is, but I'll let you know when I get it in. My bags are pretty much shot and about to go. The X leans on the drivers side a little too much and the compressor pretty much keeps running trying to keep them up. Of course I think the compressor is shot too. . . .

Russell Lewis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just read this post looked into them. And wow big difference in price you can find on Fleabay for around 100 for the HD kit. Good reviews from mechanics also! Very good springs, once again thank you.
65097C0F-1D54-40E1-840E-5CD3F92C815C.png E27EF730-5734-42E5-A7DE-E5C7B3776E7E.png

jjuscg

Reaction score
I have had Suncore on all four for two years on my 2006. They are working fine, including towing a 7,500 TTrailer. Considering the repair costs of the stock system, I have no regret - however they are decidedly stiffer than the air system. I do miss my softer ride. Don't have a point of comparison with Monroe, though.