just blowing cold....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shoota0075

Reaction score
air, i have changed the thermostat, still blowing cold air. It did this 2 years in a row and than suddenly started working threw out the rest of the winter. but this year no such luck. any ideas? also it is blowing cold air out of the rear vents too and the temp never runs hot (never over heats)

Last edited:

wakeboarderNH

Reaction score
Maybe do a coolant flush, you may have plugged up the heater core, and a flush might dislodge it. It doesn't sound like your out a water pump, and the thermostat is good, so thats the only thing I can think of.

Hope this helps.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is gonna sound 'ass-ish' and I'm not trying to be. You did check the fluid level??? I know I have done that before.

fordcrazy123

Reaction score
(5 % chance its the blend door actuator , there are 2 of them one for the hot cold one for the flow ie, floor def vent , feel the small heater hoses going into the firewall under the hood when your truck is warm, if they are warm then check the blend door actuator it is a little rectangular box under the center of the dash u can remove it and plug it back in and adjust the temp if it doesnt move theres the problem they go out alot i have replaced quite a few good luck FORD ON!

OP
OP
S

shoota0075

Reaction score
will do, under the center of the dash? do i get to it from inside the truck or under the hood? and is it a hard job to replace it if its bad? thanks