Just bought 2021 Expedition Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newbie2021

Reaction score
Great drive home.

Any advice for a Newbie?

It has the towing package as I am planning to tow a boat with it. Does it come with the ball/tongue? or is it best to buy one aftermarket? I am still trying to figure out how to get the flimsy plastic cover off :)

Thanks for any advice!

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forscan can disable the annoying double honk. Torque app and Elm327 adapter are great for monitoring engine operation.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
To remove the hitch cover, just pull from the bottom to release the bottom clips, then move up to the upper ones. As you're back there, stay clear of the rear hatch as they have a tendency to open/close while working on the cover--at least mine does. To reinstall, start at the top and finish with the bottom clips. As far as a ball mount goes, you may need one with some drop to it as you'll want your trailer to sit level.

Dworth

Reaction score
Forscan can disable the annoying double honk. Torque app and Elm327 adapter are great for monitoring engine operation.
I absolutely cannot stand the double honk. I am going to have to do this Forscan deal.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. My Expy tows my boat like a beast. I would recommend a Weigh Safe hitch as Ford does not provide ball and hitch, Hellwig sway bars and Sumo Spring helpers. And yes, if you're a boater you want to get rid of the double honk ASAP. In and out at the gas station and dock it will honk all day at you unless you leave the key inside.