Larger gas tanks for 2019 Expeditions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plati

Reaction score
If you have the HUGE tank and always drive with it full (vs almost empty) .... How much a reduction in gas mileage is that?

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have the HUGE tank and always drive with it full (vs almost empty) .... How much a reduction in gas mileage is that?

Well, assuming a gallon of gas weighs about 6lbs, you're looking at about 140-150lbs more weight when the tank is full as opposed to empty. In other words, same sort of mileage reduction you would have with an extra passenger, ie, not much.

Mead85

Reaction score
Is it possible to put the 36 gallon tank on a 2019 expedition xlt? My f150 has the 36 gallon and I’d love to put a bigger tank on my wife’s expedition.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran almost 700 miles on one tank in my 18 Max tow pack. I can't imagine needing more fuel than that!

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran almost 700 miles on one tank in my 18 Max tow pack. I can't imagine needing more fuel than that!

I don't even get 250 miles / tank towing my boat. Believe me, a larger tank would be an enormous improvement.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't even get 250 miles / tank towing my boat. Believe me, a larger tank would be an enormous improvement.

I get 7-8 MPG’s pulling my 24’ boat from SLC to Mead. I have the Max, but the extra 6 gallons the 150 has made it get half way with a little to spare. Now it’s on fumes. My old Raptor would only get 6 MPG’s going to the lake. So it could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osteodoc08

Full Access Members
Reaction score

this right here. When I’m towing my boat, depending on speed and terrain I’m getting anywhere between 8-11 mpg. It’s a 24’ boat and approx 6500# loaded with fuel and “stuff”

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get 7-8 MPG’s pulling my 24’ boat from SLC to Mead. I have the Max, but the extra 6 gallons the 150 has made it get half way with a little to spare. Now it’s on fumes. My old Raptor would only get 6 MPG’s going to the lake. So it could be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be, but my previous Yukon had a 32 gallon tank and did about .5 MPG better, so I go up around 300 miles per fill up. That's an extra stop on my normal vacation trip...and it puts me right on the DC beltway when it happens.

Still wouldn't go back to my previous vehicle, but there is always room for improvement.