LED Headlight Bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobK

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2017 and installed these for the low beams. Had trouble with this same brand in 9005 fitting (back of led assembly interferes with the hole and would need an extended rubber dust seal in order to work). Has anyone had any luck with installing ledsfor the high beams?

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
I just did this mod. I like the bulbs a lot better than stock and like you said they match the oem fogs so it doesn't look so off.

I ended up having to adjust them way down compared to stock as they were blinding. Of course, they are much brighter so they don't need to be aimed as high but my beam level was no where near where it was originally.

To confirm it I repeatedly parked my car in the street at night and then would drive my wife's Highlander at it over and over until I felt I wasn't blinding myself anymore. Took quite a number of adjustments but I finally got it.

Nice mod for $49!

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just did my "09 with LED headlights and fog lights. Went with yellow LED fogs as they (yellow) perform better in actual fog, as opposed to white driving lights. Anyway, main key factor when choosing LED replacements is to get LED bulbs that place the LED in the same orientation as the Halogen filaments they are meant to replace. This is where the blinding light comes from on some of the odd bulbs such as those with 360 LED's etc. If you are blinding people it's not your light adjustment, since the lights are set on the newer trucks (at least 07-17), it's the bulbs you are using. Here are pics of the ones I used. As you can see in the pics against the building the low beams have a cutoff below the windows of the building. This does not blind oncoming drivers, no adjustment required to the light housing. High beams are business as usual and shouldn't be on in traffic. As shown in the pics they have a nice pattern, good cutoff and no noticeable bleed. Much brighter but not obnoxious. If anyone is interested these are the lights I used. Other good ones out there just do the research. Good site is https://headlightrevolution.com

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Hea...8000Lumens&qid=1585451878&s=automotive&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTFW5QC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

IMG_20200328_200506.jpg IMG_20200328_200641.jpg IMG_20200328_200902.jpg IMG_20200328_200915.jpg

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
Just did my "09 with LED headlights and fog lights. Went with yellow LED fogs as they (yellow) perform better in actual fog, as opposed to white driving lights. Anyway, main key factor when choosing LED replacements is to get LED bulbs that place the LED in the same orientation as the Halogen filaments they are meant to replace. This is where the blinding light comes from on some of the odd bulbs such as those with 360 LED's etc. If you are blinding people it's not your light adjustment, since the lights are set on the newer trucks (at least 07-17), it's the bulbs you are using. Here are pics of the ones I used. As you can see in the pics against the building the low beams have a cutoff below the windows of the building. This does not blind oncoming drivers, no adjustment required to the light housing.

I don't know if that is true. When you put an LED bulb in a halogen light fixture it typically still causes light scatter because it's in a halogen designed surrounding, not LED.

I just put bulbs in my '15 Expedition and sold my '16 Tundra that had the OEM '18+ LED headlights. The Tundra's light pattern was much cleaner than these.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree nothing would be as good as OEM. But if you are going to replace them then try to get a LED that as closely as possible mimics the original bulb. BTW, there are two outdoor lights at the doors of the building I was using for my light pattern. Don't confuse the outer edge light with the headlight cutoff shown in the middle. I guess I could have found a better wall but like the windows for reference.:)

KRexpe

Reaction score
Just did my "09 with LED headlights and fog lights. Went with yellow LED fogs as they (yellow) perform better in actual fog, as opposed to white driving lights. Anyway, main key factor when choosing LED replacements is to get LED bulbs that place the LED in the same orientation as the Halogen filaments they are meant to replace. This is where the blinding light comes from on some of the odd bulbs such as those with 360 LED's etc. If you are blinding people it's not your light adjustment, since the lights are set on the newer trucks (at least 07-17), it's the bulbs you are using. Here are pics of the ones I used. As you can see in the pics against the building the low beams have a cutoff below the windows of the building. This does not blind oncoming drivers, no adjustment required to the light housing. High beams are business as usual and shouldn't be on in traffic. As shown in the pics they have a nice pattern, good cutoff and no noticeable bleed. Much brighter but not obnoxious. If anyone is interested these are the lights I used. Other good ones out there just do the research. Good site is https://headlightrevolution.com

https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Hea...8000Lumens&qid=1585451878&s=automotive&sr=1-4

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GTFW5QC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details

View attachment 35435 View attachment 35436 View attachment 35437 View attachment 35438

Are these plug and play? Looking for some LED bulbs for my 2012 expy. Ty!

YenloWang

Reaction score
Here's my 07 EB with led headlights, fogs, grill lights and ledbar. Still waiting on the switchbacks.
20230716_204139.jpg
20230716_204238.jpg

Low beam
20230716_204514.jpg

Fogs only
20230716_204523.jpg
Ledbar only
20230716_204531.jpg
Please dont ask how I installed the grill lights and ledbar. Please.

Last edited: