LED plate lights - such a difference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And hey, i do think they alone produce more light than the old backup lighting

20170323_235119.jpg

$4 well spent

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
AND the rest fit front & midrow dome lights

20170324_001058.jpg 20170324_000121.jpg 20170324_000051.jpg

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did the same. Cheap, easy to do and it makes such a big difference. I have replaced the OEM incandescent bulbs in all our new cars for the last 10+ years.

I did get better back up LEDs. Will post them soon.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did the same. Cheap, easy to do and it makes such a big difference. I have replaced the OEM incandescent bulbs in all our new cars for the last 10+ years.

I did get better back up LEDs. Will post them soon.
What brand did you with? I tried a set from Amazon that had decent reviews, and they were CRAP. I swear light output was less!

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where! I know Nevada shot a link... but are they the same??

Dome & plate (used 6 out of 10), seems like they'd also fit backup lights if needed but I got different ones for backups:

Amazon search:

JDM ASTAR 10pcs Super Bright 194 168 175 2825 T10 PX Chipsets LED Bulbs,Xenon White

$12.99 / 10 pieces

Tried posting a link but it's not working.

PS gonna need nylon prybar to get at interior lights, push fastener puller & new push fastener to do plate lights

NevadaGeo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Projector bulbs are bad for Expy backup lights imho....your lamps sit too high, doesn't point in right direction

Adieu, thanks for you "opinion". Moot point though since there should be no one behind me when I back up. Remember, there is a huge land out there beyond SoCal that is somewhat rural. Long driveways, no street lighting and a very big need for good back up lighting.

This forum is all about giving individual opinions, so thank you, but please realize there is a big difference between an opinion and a value judgment.

OP
OP
A

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Adieu, thanks for you "opinion". Moot point though since there should be no one behind me when I back up. Remember, there is a huge land out there beyond SoCal that is somewhat rural. Long driveways, no street lighting and a very big need for good back up lighting.

This forum is all about giving individual opinions, so thank you, but please realize there is a big difference between an opinion and a value judgment.

Most people upgrade backup lights for SAFETY...

Hence, projectors not pointing at where you're reversing....kinda, point-less?