LED Puddle Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My chinese cheapos finally arrived! Simple install, I did put some heat shrink over the terminals because I didn't want them knocking into each other and blowing a fuse. Aside from that, plug and play. They look well-built, and they're super bright.

IMG_0018.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

I tried to get the exposure the same on the front wheel so I could get a consistent comparison photo between the stock lights and the LEDs. The difference really is night and day.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dewey - that looks great!

I ordered the brightlights and will post some before and after pics when I get them in.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He's talking about on a 4th-gen, which honestly surprises me. I would have thought they'd upgrade them to LED. Most everything else on it is, especially on the higher trim levels.

Are they the same shape as the 3rd-gens? Maybe the replacement ones for them like in J's thread would work.

I have a Platinum, and while every single headlight and taillight is LED, Ford sought to save a buck or two by making the reverse lights halogen. Go figure.

Tampa Expedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Specialty auto supply on amazon, had these on my explorer also. The brightness is good, may be my photo.