LED Puddle Lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reassuring but not sure ho break without breaking mirror. Suggestions?

Figured it out you have to “pop” off the clear lens to get it to fit out. Will keep stock ones just for back ups.

Word to those that are doing it tape your tools so less likely to scratch.

sixsix

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Using 2 flat head screw drivers at a time on both tabs they pop right out. Once you figure it out it’s pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twernst

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got em on, they look great. Next project, the headlights.

Agreed once they are on they look great. And I can always “reseal” the old covers if needed.

The license plates “freebies” rock, just wish Ford had installed the right one so it was facing the middle of the car. Seems to be wasted light. Just my OCD. ;)

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Agreed once they are on they look great. And I can always “reseal” the old covers if needed.

The license plates “freebies” rock, just wish Ford had installed the right one so it was facing the middle of the car. Seems to be wasted light. Just my OCD. ;)
Oh yeah those license plate lights are crap they send you. Don’t even point the light down??? Wtf? Trashed those

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just picked up my '19 Platinum last night. I had already pre-ordered the DriveBright LEDs for the puddles and the license plate lights, but... the puddle lights are already LED! The plate lights are definitely incandescent though...

20190430_184838.jpg

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmm so there's now a genuine Ford/Motorcraft LED upgrade option? 4th gen uses same size right?

How bright is it? The aftermarkets are hella bright but somewhat obnoxious & you can see the individual chips reflected off the finish (at least on black metallics)