Left blinker not working on 4 or 7 wire trailer plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2004 Eddie Bauer 5.4L 4x4

Blinkers on my Expedition work fine, and all of the other trailer connector wires have voltage and are working, I just don't have any voltage on the left stop/blinker wire on either the 4 or the 7 wire connector.

I have wiring diagrams, anyone had this issue before or have a suggestion on where the issue may lie? Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are separate fuses for the trailer blinkers iirc.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Parking lights, right stop/blinker is working fine on both trailer plugs, only the left stop/blinker is not getting any voltage at either plug. :(

Are you saying there is a separate fuse for the left and right blinker on the trailer plugs? I did not see that. I will double check in my manual. My left blinker works fine on the expy, just no voltage on the trailer plugs for left stop/blinker.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know my 05 Chevy has separate fuses for the left and right trailer. So the fords probably do as mentioned above.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dudeth

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You guys were right. Left blinker on trailer connector is fuse 42. Thanks guys, I had no idea there was a fuse for left and right. Now to change it out!