Let’s talk Lincoln Aviator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Marlowe

Reaction score
Depends what you are looking for...for a family SUV, its hard to beat expedition/navigator. For commuter car, the ford fusion or cmax are or rather were compelling (cmax costs less than $25/month in fuel as a weekday 25mile driver and gas almost zero maintenance. ). For the teenage drivers, a red ranger truck serves as great first vehicle....however, ny oldest son is treating it like a sports car. I'm about to buy a new F350 or F450 superduty for myself. I see the aviator as a slimmed down smaller more techy expedition and would only consider the grand touring model. It's just too expensive to be practical though....not unless it will be your only vehicle. Tow capacity nerfed too.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Waterbeach

Reaction score
We switched 2020 Aviator for an Expedition Max. Partly because of several problems with drive shaft (causing vibration) which is a common issue it seems, and we did not like the very busy engine noise when accelerating at low speeds - caused by noise cancellation software which could not be corrected by dealer. Also payload was limited compared to Expedition for towing purposes. Check the Lincoln owners forum for other issues experienced with 2020. Lovely luxurious vehicle if you get a good one.

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
By the time we’d get one I think they will be on to 2022s or maybe have updated 2021s and it’d work out like our late build 19 expy that got a few updates that seem crucial.

this will need to haul three kids on occasion and is unlikely to tow more than a bike rack, even then I doubt we would take it over the expy.

the pricing I’ve seen so far is very spendy, to the point I’d say it’s nav time or even another expy. It’s for her and I think she’s not a fan of taking a big rig in the parking garage.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We switched 2020 Aviator for an Expedition Max. Partly because of several problems with drive shaft (causing vibration) which is a common issue it seems, and we did not like the very busy engine noise when accelerating at low speeds - caused by noise cancellation software which could not be corrected by dealer. Also payload was limited compared to Expedition for towing purposes. Check the Lincoln owners forum for other issues experienced with 2020. Lovely luxurious vehicle if you get a good one.

We have both and have had good luck so far. Knock on a aluminum panel for luck. I haven’t noticed the weird noise you mention. But when I drive it I am rocking out to AC/DC or some 80’s hair band at full volume. My platinum max seems lame after being in the wife’s Aviator.
7eaf53e7f8d030677e75e209cb3489fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillbrak

Reaction score
Trying too hard to look like a range rover. Just like the Japanese cars try too hard to look like the Germans. All that being said, they are slick.

Pretty sure I was told they actually poached a designer from Land Rover for these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brent Harward

Reaction score
If you're a wrench head shocks on an Espy are much simpler than getting rid of the parade float ride of the Aviator. But you guys sound like couch spuds so I'll suggest the Aviator. It's just a classy Expy. But I like the sport ride... JS

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're a wrench head shocks on an Espy are much simpler than getting rid of the parade float ride of the Aviator. But you guys sound like couch spuds so I'll suggest the Aviator. It's just a classy Expy. But I like the sport ride... JS

Aviator is an Explorer, Navigator is an Expedition... at least get your model crossovers correct before you insult us “couch spuds”

Oh yeah did I mention my daily is a tuned Explorer ST that does 0-60 in 3.75, and my wife’s daily the Expedition does it in 4.72 tuned. Yep, just a “couch spud”.... [emoji848][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji41][emoji2957]

PS - The Air Suspension is an option on most Aviators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro