Let’s talk Lincoln Aviator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In the beginning stage of getting my wife’s next car. She likes the Aviator so that’s a good start imo. Any good forums out there for those? I used to go on Lincolns of Distinction years back when I had a couple Lincoln Mark 8s in a row.

it took me about a year of exploring various suvs to settle on the Expy, and then parsing through options in my free time, to finally spending a few months seriously searching for the right deal on the right rig. Just from my initial looking, the Lincoln site makes it look like they have the Honda plan of making you go up trim levels to get any options, instead of just letting you pick random things.

she’d probably go with a hybrid in many kinds of cars, but the first review I watched basically showed that is more of a minor performance gain and not a real range booster.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Blueovalforums.com and lincolnforums.com are pretty active for aviator owners.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife got a 2020 Aviator last December. We love it and it has been problem free so far. We initially went to get an Explorer ST. She always complains about not having enough power. So the ST was on our list. After driving it and the Aviator back to back. She liked the smother ride and seats so much better than the ST. Plus she couldn’t stand the iPad screen in the ST. Same motor so it rips without the stiffer and tighter handling of the ST. This is our third Lincoln and she also loves their service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That pickup drop off deal is sweet. The ford guys gave me shit during the shutdown, but agreed in the end to do it.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aviator is great! Like Fozzy said, power of the ST with more comfort.

I have an ST and love it. I like the iPad...HaHa!

This is what my ST put down stock, 93 ZFG Tune, and E50 ZFG Tune, everything else stock. It is VERY capable!

9f7e4b769e20fb5c9ec9025d9f8cb26e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My butt dyno definitely put the ST above the Aviator, even in “excite” mode. It’s still super impressive. Ford did a great job on the new motor.

Side note, the 28 speaker sound system in the Aviator is one of the best I have ever heard from the factory. They need to step the Nav up a bit. The Aviator got all the cool goodies first.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My butt dyno definitely put the ST above the Aviator, even in “excite” mode. It’s still super impressive. Ford did a great job on the new motor.

Side note, the 28 speaker sound system in the Aviator is one of the best I have ever heard from the factory. They need to step the Nav up a bit. The Aviator got all the cool goodies first.

ST is a few hundred pounds lighter especially if you got the Active Suspension. That is the difference in feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sanman28

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trying too hard to look like a range rover. Just like the Japanese cars try too hard to look like the Germans. All that being said, they are slick.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trying too hard to look like a range rover. Just like the Japanese cars try too hard to look like the Germans. All that being said, they are slick.

So true, my wife’s first choice was a Land Rover Velar. It was a total dog on power. New for 2021 is a supercharged V6. But there 2020 motor was weak. And it didn’t feel as roomy as the Aviator. I think the entire car is a bit smaller. Ford puts good use to their cab space IMO. I’m 6’2 and 300 lbs of muscle fat. My Superduty, Expy and the Aviator are all very comfortable to drive. The Velar felt cramped. They where prices pretty close to the same, but we liked the ST and Aviator better.

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I test drove a Velar before I bought my Expy. I love the looks, but was a bit underwhelmed overall and to get a well equipped one, the price wasn't worth it to me.

I very much like the Aviator. I'd avoid a 2020 due to some have a lot of bugs and quality issues. The Explorer ST is very cool. Bit of a hard choice between the two. I think it comes down to, do you want lux or sport. I'd have to drive them back to back, and compare feature to feature.

Good luck! Let us know.