Leveling hardware?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rod240sx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have an 06 Limited and tow an enclosed 20ft car trailer that weights between 7,000 - 7,500lbs when loaded with car, tools, tires, etc. The rear sags quite a bit. The truck is equipped with the HD tow package and has the spring/shocks suspension setup - are any of you guys using some sort of leveling system?

Came across this at etrailer:

http://www.etrailer.com/Vehicle-Suspension/Ford/Expedition/2006/TFREXPB.html?vehicleid=20061010168

Looks like a pair of bump stops? Anyone using the above or a different system to help level the truck a bit that can chime in with some feedback? I'm also researching some WD hitches which should help a little bit, but I think that i definitely need something to help support the weight.

Thanks guys!

Soldier777

Full Access Members
Reaction score
you need and equalizer bars/hitch to transfer the weight over the whole truck instead of just the rear. I have them for when I tow my trailer makes a world of difference.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
those work the best. my uncle had some for his burben when he went to the desert. worked great. only sag was after the trip when the toilet was full. haha gross!!!