Lifting 99 Expo! Need advice!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Guys, keep in mind that he is starting with a 2wd truck. So, he is starting 4" lower than any 4x4 rig. So, with 11" of lift, he would be 7" higher than a stock 4x4 rig and that looks about right with 35's or 37's. I have 37's with only a 4" lift (8" lift in his case). Granted, this is a tight fit. So, if you ponder this, talk to me first. This is not a simple "slap on the tires and lift and call it good". There are lots of tweaks and "must use this" with this mod.

Lane24

technical advisor
Reaction score
There is such a thing as a 2WD !!!:wtf: Why the hell would anybody........

Just kidding. Didn't see that. Mine is 2WD a few months of the year when it's not snowing too. Then 35's will look great on your rig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bryce541

Reaction score
In an attempt to save money I was gonna to use to stock wheels but I can't seem to find very many options for a 16" wheel for a 35-37 tire. Does anybody have some like these? Or know of any?

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In an attempt to save money I was gonna to use to stock wheels but I can't seem to find very many options for a 16" wheel for a 35-37 tire. Does anybody have some like these? Or know of any?

If your looking for 35-37 tires that fit on a 16" rim then I like these for 35"
http://www.procompusa.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=PCT56315&catID=13&subCat=157&ptID=100809&plID=3360
or
Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels
or these in 37"
OPEN COUNTRY M/T | Toyo Tires

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
bryce, I think you are going to have a slight issue trying to run 35/37" tires on your stock rims. The reason why I say that is you are putting too much side load on the tire running a 12.5" wide tire on a 7" wide rim. I was given a hard time mounting my 35x12.5's on 8" wide rims. Most tire shops have a '4" rule'. Ie, the width of the tire has to be within 4 inches of the rim width. I am running TRXUS MT's on my truck. They make them in 16" versions. They are a radial tire and I have gotten 30K miles out of mine so far and still have about 50% tread left.