Location of evap solenoid on 2011 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got a P0446 code yesterday on my way home. I've found some information on what it is. Some reasons why it happens. But I can't seem to find any diagrams of where the thing actually is?

Can some one help me out? I'd really appreciate it.

Coincidentally, my passenger side windshield wiper quit on the way home too. Grrr.

Thanks.

PkgingGuy

Reaction score
I have same question as JimmyM... I threw code 0445. Not sure where to find evap solenoid under the hood. can anyone point us in the right direction under the hood?

OP
OP
J

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found mine under the truck. Driver's side. About where the B pillar is. The solenoid is inserted into the canister from the rear. Once the connector is removed, rotate about 1/4-1/3 turn counter-clockwise and you can pop it out. I used a screwdriver. It didn't take much.
My wires at the connector were shredded. I bought a replacement pigtail at the local ford dealer ~$48 IIRC. No problems since.
I re-installed mine rotated so that the connector no longer points down and gets hit by road debris.