Looking for a limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

krazy_dan27

Reaction score
Want to replace my 2004 Eddie B for a limited 2014 -2016. Is there any recommendations for a certain year?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry, just realized you said '14-16. None of them have been around long enough to know of any particularly good/bad year. Just decide on whether you want the new engine or the old one (I'd go with the new one).

Last edited:

tmanscrew

Reaction score
I went with the Eco-boost

I just got into a 2015. Love it so far. I was in your shoes was looking at 12-14 models. Then, started looking at the benefits of the new engine in the 15 and up models and, for the difference in price, it made sense to me to go with the new engine. Good luck!

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Want to replace my 2004 Eddie B for a limited 2014 -2016. Is there any recommendations for a certain year?

I ordered and bought a new 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 - my first Ford in over 45 years of driving.

The 2015 model had numerous updates when compared to the 2014 - including the standard V-6 3.5 Ecoboost engine. Any Internet search will enable you to find all the updates / improvements on the 2015 when compared to the 2014 model. The 2016 model was only updated with a "one touch" power folding third row seat (vs the push and hold button I have) - and the new Sync update.

I have had a few quality issues that I was not happy about but overall, I really like the 2015 model.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if your wallet can support it
go with a 2015 or 2016
eco boost engine is great
a few other changes from 15 to 16 is the el 3.73 is limited slip in the 4wd versions, and open diff in the 15's, not sure why they didnt just do like the 150's and put in a electronically locked rear end.
microsoft updated sync is a whole new ball of wax compared to the previous version of which i had in my 2013 f150
the surround sound sony is killer for us old farts that like 1970's music.

we looked for years and the 5.4 is what stopped us everytime. I had one in my 2010 f150, it left me stranded once and i had a hard time coming from a 6.0 turbo diesel with tq out the whaaayzoo, the 5.4 always felt lacking.
the eco boost is a tq monster.
we took delivery may 17th and have enjoyed the 1200 miles on her very much compared to the truck. ride is fantastic, mpg is better than the 150 it replaced, although i do miss the 36 gallon fuel tank, the el has 33, i liked seeing 600 miles to empty when i filled up. :big_banana_Dance:

Kwik SC

Reaction score
if your wallet can support it
go with a 2015 or 2016
eco boost engine is great
a few other changes from 15 to 16 is the el 3.73 is limited slip in the 4wd versions, and open diff in the 15's, not sure why they didnt just do like the 150's and put in a electronically locked rear end.
microsoft updated sync is a whole new ball of wax compared to the previous version of which i had in my 2013 f150
the surround sound sony is killer for us old farts that like 1970's music.

we looked for years and the 5.4 is what stopped us everytime. I had one in my 2010 f150, it left me stranded once and i had a hard time coming from a 6.0 turbo diesel with tq out the whaaayzoo, the 5.4 always felt lacking.
the eco boost is a tq monster.
we took delivery may 17th and have enjoyed the 1200 miles on her very much compared to the truck. ride is fantastic, mpg is better than the 150 it replaced, although i do miss the 36 gallon fuel tank, the el has 33, i liked seeing 600 miles to empty when i filled up. :big_banana_Dance:

This right here are all the reasons why I bought the 2016. Coming from a Yukon Denali XL the MPG is significantly better, the SYNC3 is miles above the previous version (totally interactive) and that lil TT v6 is a beast. Plus add the fact that should you desire it (i have every intention of doing this) an additional 70hp is $600 away in the form of an easy-to-remove-if-you-need-to flash and you have something that will outperform anything in its class.

Last edited: