Looking for input on control arm replacment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tashby5163

Reaction score
Good Afternoon, I have an 2011 Limited with an 3/2 spacer lift. my ball joints are shot and need to replace them. Suggestions on where to get them? Should I do upper and lower if I am replacing them or can I get away with just doing the upper arms? Truck has been lifted now for about 4 years and have been running 35's every since I put the lift on.
Thanks

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you're pulling stuff apart it's worth at least checking the ball joints in the LCAs. At 190k miles mine had some play.

I've always had luck ordering from RockAuto. I went with Motorcraft LCAs since the originals performed well for 190k miles. I replaced the original UCAs with MOOG ones about 40k miles ago and they're still in great shape.

If you're replacing the LCAs expect to replace the mounting bolts as well, which involves buying an alignment kit. I had to cut mine off due to rust.