Looking for replacement head unit for 07 Expy Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Morning all

Just purchased a 07 Expy and am looking for a new head unit to replace the factory unit.

factory unit has navi but seems pretty dated and also a pain to use....

Would like to get a new head unit that has navi, bluetooth and back up cam options with out loosing connectivity to the back seat dvd/tv unit.

Any suggestions???

Would I be able to upgrade the 07 head unit to lets say a 2010 OEM head unit with sync and run my own back up cam???

Thanks

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The 2009-and-up head unit looks similar to yours but is not compatible. 2007 and 2008 are interchangeable though a replacement unit from a car with different options (woofer, rear entertainment, satellite) may require programming.

It's common for the CD changers on these units to break, so if you buy an OEM replacement, make sure it works.

Installation of aftermarket stuff requires a bit of knowledge as the Ford speakers and sub-woofer amp are low impedance and the Ford system integrates with the CAN buss communications of the car.

OP
OP
S

SWADE23

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I replaced radios on many cars as well as my 2k expy... I always went through crutchfield for everything... Figured Id do the same for this

TC16XLT

Reaction score
I gutted everything in my old 07, and started new. Alpine speakers/sub with a Pioneer AVIC Nav head, and Alpine mono amp. That head unit puts out great power to the speakers, I only amped the 10" Type R sub. That Pioneet head is the best bang for the buck, I felt then, but there might be more options less than the $900 I paid. The new version of my old one includes a backup camera now, but it jumped to $1100 retail. I wish I could do the same in my 16, but that new Sync is so integrated with everything now, nothing can replace it yet. 07 was super easy to tear down to run new wire and a aftermarket backup cam as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk