Lost Key and FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the most cost effective way to get another key made for my vehicle. I only have one key and FOB as of right now. I need a second key and FOB again because i am a moron and decided to lose one in my own house. What have you guys found to be the easiest way.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My wife lost the keys to our Mountaineer once. We had to call a mobile locksmith to come out and cut new keys and program them. Best bet might be to call around and see who has the best price. I imagine the dealer would be the most expensive option.

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score

ydopen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got 2 off ebay for like? 35.00? and they came with programing instructions.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Getting the replacement fob and key is not the problem. For you to program them yourself, you have to have 2 keys to begin with

98EXPY 5-0

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Some Wal-Marts can now cut and program the transponder keys. $60 is what I was quoted for my 2000 Expy.

OP
OP
splintrcel

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, i have been with out a key for awhile and hte last thing i want to do is lose my last set. Thanks again