Lost throttle. Weird codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

V4d3n

Reaction score
While driving at about 40 mph, the wrench icon came on and said see manual. The throttle stopped working and we coasted to a stop. Engine idle was rough, throttle not working.
Shut car off and turned it back on, check engine light is now off. Throttle worked, so pulled 20ft in a park spot and had it towed.
Scanned the engine, all modules, with BlueDriver….
No engine codes….got a B137F-17 and B1380. Both indicate they are related to the steering control module…
Can a steering control module cause this???

Attachments

• 17216272-77FF-4EB7-8522-9509254E1EF6.png
    17216272-77FF-4EB7-8522-9509254E1EF6.png
    353.8 KB · Views: 12

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Based on the symptoms alone it sounds like a throttle body issue. But the codes would point me at an electrical issue. Easiest thing to start with would be checking all the fuses.

It's also possible the codes are not related and may have been there for a while.

OP
OP
V

V4d3n

Reaction score
All fuses I tested passed. Stealership is guessing throttle body as well or pedal, but says it’s a month out before they can look at it. Taking it to a shop on Wednesday.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It might be the scanner your using since some only read emissions codes and a throttle technically isn’t that. Maybe find a shop that can read codes for a small fee or just shot gun a throttle body at it. I just did one on an F150 of the same year and it was $119 from NAPA. Forscan did see the codes for an unknown throttle position / failsafe activated which sounds just like what you have. If the light was on, there has to be codes stored.

gkretro

Reaction score
This sounds like an experience I had. Turned out to the throttle body. My mechanic had to drive it around with a code reader connected since the error codes were not stored.

bryz_expy

Reaction score
About 3 months ago I experienced something similar with my 19 Platinum, turned out to be the accelerator pedal assembly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlself