Loud Rattling Noise coming from rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seansolo

Reaction score
Hey all. I have a horrible rattling sound coming from the rear window in my 99. I think i have narrowed it down to where the clamp holds onto the window itself. Has anyone ever experienced or better yet, fixed this problem. Any info would be much appreciated, this noise is driving me nuts!!!! Thanks all.

eb20004x4

Reaction score
Trying flipping up the cover on the hinge (outside window) and tightening up the screw that hold the glass to the hinge. Also, look at where the struts attach and make sure that is tight as well. Should clear that rattle right up!

rtbrjason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know this is an old post but I just picked up a 99 and the rear glass was making a terrible racket.

You can fix this by replacing the weather stripping around that area. After time it becomes compressed and doesn't hold tight against the glass anymore.

Alternatively for the cheap, you can put a slice with an exacto knife around the top of the current weather stripping while installed and insert about 4 feet of 1/8" vacuum line into it to bulk it back up. I went this route and all noise back there is gone.