Low Washer Fluid light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sawyer

Reaction score
Why does the "low washer fluid" come on randomly when I am driving. Not every trip, but once or twice a week after I have been driving 10 to 20 minutes. No washer fluid leak, it is half full, i filled it up (half the jug) and it still came on. Have had new alternater put in only change since it started. And engine light is on again.

green03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if this all started when the alternator was replaced then look around the area of the alternator for a loose harness. Also pull the codes for the check engine light to see if that will give any clues.....
Matt R

martinek

Reaction score
My 1999 Expedition XLT has the washer light on all the time. What is the problem? It's full.

mjune

Reaction score
On my 2004 I found that the float inside the bottle had swelled a touch and also lost a little buoyancy. I took it out and let it dry out some on a hot summer day then shaved it down a touch so it would slide easier.