lower trailing arms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

will_higgins

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone happens to have a set of AFTERMARKET trailing arms for a 97 Expy. I need them bad, but dont have the money to spend on ordering a set.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go to the junkyard and get some, thats the cheapest way to do it

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
Go to the junkyard and get some, thats the cheapest way to do it

What are the odds of finding ones that are not factory? That has been the only thing that is stopping me from doing that. The factory ones have a really bad problem of rusting.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you saying you want aftermarket lower control arms? if so the place to get them is pmt on ebay, I was saying since you dont have the money just find some cheap stockers and de-rust them and put them on, Im sure you can find some in decent condition

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
went to the junk yard not too long ago and there was 1 expy. and it had the control arms. they were not in bad shape. a little elbow grease and they would clean right up. no rust yet, but that can change once you sand down all the paint.

OP
OP
W

will_higgins

Reaction score
went to the junk yard not too long ago and there was 1 expy. and it had the control arms. they were not in bad shape. a little elbow grease and they would clean right up. no rust yet, but that can change once you sand down all the paint.

Do you know how much you spent? I just called around here and found one junk yard that has 4 sets. He is wanting $70 for a set.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PMT arms are best but big dollars so get junkyard ones if you need to save money, but be careful not to leave the old ones to long could be dangerous if they break

homer169

Reaction score
Do you know how much you spent? I just called around here and found one junk yard that has 4 sets. He is wanting $70 for a set.

Honestly, I would say tighten your belt and spend the $145 for a new set on ebay. I put them on my expy this summer and have been happy with the decision. They are super thick and fit perfectly.