lowering my 02 and tire wheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99-4wd

Reaction score
i would def keep the 22's and lower it. 305/45/22 would be better tire size for the truck.
thats actually the size tire rack suggests when buying 22's. i think ur 285/35 arent enough tire to protect ur rims.
just my opnion. truck looks dope BTW.

OP
OP
L

LVExpo

Reaction score
hey guys...

sorry haven't been here in a while...happy new btw and thanks for all the responses!

yeah i def wanna do something now, since i am sick of driving on those 17's. i prob stick with my 22s for now, since i have a hard time finding a 24" wheel that i like that is in a 5x135 bolt pattern and i think converting 5 to 6 lug is a bad idea. the wheel that i have is discontinued so prob almost impossible to find in 24" anyway and it also sounds like i am better off with 22 inches due to ride quality.

i just don't know if i still going to like the look if i put the suggested size of 305/40 on their...tire seems so "standard" and bulky. i like the look of the 35 tire, makes the wheel look somewhat nicer i think... i even seen some f-150 with a 265/35 or even 265/30 but i think thats just too small.

any suggestions on tire deals and whats good for brand? i am in vegas, so barely ant rain, snow etc....

OP
OP
L

LVExpo

Reaction score
and how do u guys feel about a 3/4 drop?

is there anybody here that could photo shop my truck for me with 2/4 and 3/4 drop?

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
305/285/265 is just the width of the tire...the most important thing is the 30/35/40/45...height of the tires...35's will be great...make the rim look bigger than it really is and will look good with the drop...40 series if the roads are bad....just my $.02