Major EcoBoost Motor Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good Luck Trying to get a new unit out of Ford ! In addition to my 18 Expy. I have 19 F150 LTD. Its been in the ford shop Zender Ford in Alberta since its had 3000 miles on it for numerous issues, Still not right? I have asked for a new vehicle from Ford and the Zender dealership No luck! and get this !! I got $4000.00 hail damage to it while it was on their lot !! and its my insurance that needs to kick in !! SOB
Ha..Spruce Grove dealer! I had my rear main seal done, huge job. Also getting the knocking at startup. Hoping it isn't the timing chain stretched out.

Meeker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This article is about 1.0 Liter EcoBoost motors in Ford Focus cars........
And it's about a coolant hose that was prone to failing causing engine damage - not really a fundamental flaw in the engine. Although you would think Ford would just replace all the hoses to avoid this kind of bad press...

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Julio Walker

Reaction score
Anyone have a Ford corporate customer service number? The only one that keeps coming up is the warranty one and want to speak to someone other than trying to sell me warranties.

OP
OP
Atticus Mabrry

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ended up needing the head and valve cover gasket replaced. They damaged it during the repair of the timing chain crap...and now its back in the shop for the EXACT same issue! I love Ford and will probably buy another one but damnit...this sucks. Still under warranty THANK GOD!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ended up needing the head and valve cover gasket replaced. They damaged it during the repair of the timing chain crap...and now its back in the shop for the EXACT same issue! I love Ford and will probably buy another one but damnit...this sucks. Still under warranty THANK GOD!
Man this sucks. ‘The beatings will continue until moral improves’... this is how your post reads. It’s like we have Stockholm syndrome haha