Major issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Expy

Reaction score
Hey all. My name is Daniel I have an 06 expedition eddie bauer 5.4 V8.
I replaced the engine in september of 22. The oil pan had a leak at the drain plug. Put a new pan on and now I'm trying to figure out 17 codes.
Found a burnt coil on cylinder 3. Replaced, found the cylinder temp sensor wires on the plug were bad as well as a knock sensor. Replaced both knock sensors and temp sensor plug. I pulled the intake Plenum to check them harness for any bad wires. Decided to replace the engine harness and transmission harness. Thought the may have been pinched from jacking the engine up a little to get the oil pan out. Ran horrible ever since. Went into fail safe mode and the o/d off light is flashing. have the following codes
P0010
P0020
P0102
P0135
P0141
P0155
P0161
P0443
P0446
P0740
P0743
P0748
P0755
P0758
P0962
P1000
P2106
All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

banks0531

Reaction score
Have all fused been checked? Had similar issue with bad plug blew fuse and caused a list of codes. Was fuse 32 in my case. Main power source for multiple sensors.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With that many codes, you might have a bad connection in the harness. It is pretty easy to miss a connector when you are doing something like that. I assume the engine you installed is a direct replacement? And yes, check for bad modules, solenoids, and fuses. This will require you to look at the fuse panel behind the passenger side kick panel. You might even want to pull it out just to do a good inspection for burn marks or visual signs of failure. It does happen on these. Let us know what you find out. Good luck.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Check all your grounds. A lifted ground can also cause multiple codes.

To start your diagnosis make sure your battery is good (have it load tested, 12. volts does not mean it's good)
Do a Voltage Drop Test to make sure the voltage is getting where it needs to be.
Otherwise you could be chasing your tail for nothing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett