Making a Sync screen theme change permanent with Lincoln theme?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pw1981

Reaction score
I finally got around to updating my Sync 3.0 to 3.4 using CynLabs. Totally painless. One thing I tinkered with after the update was the APIM Test Settings and looking at the different themes. While I wish it showed the Ford logo, I really like the the look of the Lincoln Black Label sync theme.

The way it is through the test settings, the theme change is temporary until the vehicle is shut off. From what I found in a Google search, it is possible to make the theme change permanent using FORScan. What I couldn't find in my searching, was HOW to actually accomplish this. As cool as it looks, I am not sure I want to meddle with permanent changes.

What I would love is the Lincoln Black Label menus and look with the Ford start and shutdown sequences. But I am assuming that is not possible?

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I finally got around to updating my Sync 3.0 to 3.4 using CynLabs. Totally painless. One thing I tinkered with after the update was the APIM Test Settings and looking at the different themes. While I wish it showed the Ford logo, I really like the the look of the Lincoln Black Label sync theme.

The way it is through the test settings, the theme change is temporary until the vehicle is shut off. From what I found in a Google search, it is possible to make the theme change permanent using FORScan. What I couldn't find in my searching, was HOW to actually accomplish this. As cool as it looks, I am not sure I want to meddle with permanent changes.

What I would love is the Lincoln Black Label menus and look with the Ford start and shutdown sequences. But I am assuming that is not possible?
Black theme is what I have set on mine permanently via ForScan. Very easy mod. I had the Cobra GT500 theme prior. I will fire up ForScan & take some screen shots for you. MTF.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1630103558198.png1630103571547.pngSelect APIM, click the play button, then select “splash screen”, select the theme you want then write it. Done.

Last edited:

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the Ford Performance splash screen and the Lincoln black UI. But when it shuts down it shows another Lincoln splash screen. Is there a way to get rid of that? Only problem I have had with the Lincoln UI is the Mood Lighting colors do not match the screen color choice. All the colors are there, but don't match what you pick. You have to cycle though them to get what you want.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Fozzy I haven't played with UI yet. I will tinker around with it. Just having the splash screen set & leaving the UI stock, when it shuts down I get a blue oval Ford logo. Leaving the stock UI in I have 7 colors to choose from in the ambient lighting menu that match the light output.

chadler76

Reaction score
What is the UI option under in Forscan to change the UI to Lincoln gold, not looking for just the splash screen.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too had the Ford performance splash screen for quite a while. But when I started having USB issues, Ford refused to replace the APIM until I removed any changes (well actually my dealer was kind enough to give me a chance to fix it) but apparently changing anything for asbuilt causes their testing tools to fail, which Ford immediately won't support. So just remember, if you get APIM issues, just pray you can revert the changes before you try to get warranty work done.