Master brake cylinder repair kit - Is it even exist?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vincent Vega

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I shopped around and they all looked the same, so I went with Raybestos because I at least had heard of that brand. Napa had what appeared to be the exact same part, but for about $100. BTW I went through two 11 oz bottles of brake fluid after filling and bleeding the new master, plus bleeding all four corners.

OP
OP
son-of-a-door-mat
Reaction score
Not really. With aluminum MC bodies it isn't worth rebuilding them.
You can get a brand new one with a new reservoir for about $70 at Rock Auto.

Ford Expedition Master Cylinders at Rock Auto

Thanx, I thought about it. The problem is - I'm in the middle of nowhere, my country not even in European Union. So 1st it's hard to find it, and 2nd not easy to arrange delivery: it will be international shipping, and the price can be painful.

Now, I found a guy who makes custom cuffs, so I'll try this way first.

BTW, any ideas about the cuff dimensions? :)

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, Rock Auto will ship world wide via FedEx or DHL. To your location it's about USD $65 . It's like us over here owning european cars. Some of the parts have to come from europe and the shipping will cost more than the part. Just the way it is.
If you have a shop locally that wants to try rebuilding it, they probably charge as much as the US shipping to do that ?
I would just suck it up and order the new MC and be confident you have a brand new brake master cylinder in your Expy. It's the heart of your brake system and you don't want to cut corners there.