Master cylinder/ABS hose question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Jeff

Reaction score
What are these parts called and are these OEM only? I am sure someone knows the proper name. :) I tried the google and various searched only turn up the master itself or the flexible hoses to the calipers. These are the hoses that connect the master cyl to the ABS unit. There are two. They are part hard line and part braided. I had one just pop on me tonight so I figure its a good time to replace both. Problem is I can't find them anywhere or what they are called. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should put what Expy you have in your post. Have you ever used Rockauto.com? look up your truck, brakes, hydraulic lines

OP
OP
B

Big Jeff

Reaction score
After some more research I found it... This is posted in second Gen but Mine is specifically a 2005.

Thanks yupster for the search term. "Hydraulic LINE"... Not brake line, or brake hose like I had been using.

Specifically for those who are interested and can't find it in a search, here they are. Rock Auto at the time of posting was the absolute cheapest. There doesn't seem to be a third party manufacturer of these. Dorman had them for older gen 1's tho.

Motorcraft
BRT3 - Front At Master Cylinder; Primary
BRT10 - Front At Master Cylinder; Secondary

Out the door with 5% discount was like 117 for both.

Plati

Reaction score
Is that easy to take off / put on?
Do you need to know any tricks or have any special tools?
Let me know how it goes, mine are not looking good.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any time you remove/replace an Abs hose, or unit, you may run into problems bleeding air out. At the worst case scenario, you might have to carefully drive it to the dealer or shop in your area that's equipped to bleed Abs unit. If no pedal, obviously you'll be towing it. Hopefully this is one you can bleed at home, some can.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk