Master Reset on 2020 Expedition never completes? Can't activate FordPass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still think you should reach out to a Ford Dealer. If it is still associated with the previous owner, it is not going to remove that owner with a Master Reset. I'm assuming that you got your pre-owner Expedition from a Ford Dealer. If that is the case. Shame on them for not clearing everything including any SXM Subscriptions, as well as the FordPass Modem If you go to a Ford dealer, he should be able to pull up OASIS and find out who the previous owner was.

Tha Capn

Reaction score
We had the same issue. Our 2020 Expy was a prior rental, so we had to call the help desk. They had to remove the info saying that it was a rental and did a master reset. After that everything was working like it should.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still think you should reach out to a Ford Dealer. If it is still associated with the previous owner, it is not going to remove that owner with a Master Reset. I'm assuming that you got your pre-owner Expedition from a Ford Dealer. If that is the case. Shame on them for not clearing everything including any SXM Subscriptions, as well as the FordPass Modem If you go to a Ford dealer, he should be able to pull up OASIS and find out who the previous owner was.
I do think a master reset is supposed to wipe out all previous data, include ForsPass linked accounts. For some reason his isn't working.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm able to add it, but when I click Activate, I get this:
You may need to replace the APIM. If
it's under warranty push the dealer to either get it reset so you can start out fresh or replace it.

OP
OP
S

stealthmax

Reaction score
Update: I did a rain dance and tried another sequence of toggling the connectivity, locking the car, FordPass reset, locking the car, etc and it finally did a proper reset and the app was able to activate.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update: I did a rain dance and tried another sequence of toggling the connectivity, locking the car, FordPass reset, locking the car, etc and it finally did a proper reset and the app was able to activate.
Oh man, nice. Something was hung up for sure. Glad you got it.