Max 4x4 0-60??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody have an idea? I read the Platinum was 5.7 secs(?), and the standard WB at 6.2 secs. I figure the Max should at 6.5 secs. I don't really care, just curious because my 1989 Corvette was thought to be pretty quick at 6.0. It had 245HP out of the 5.7 liter engine.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe c & d got the 5.7 time on a swb platinum and 5.4 on the lwb black lbl nav. Motortrend got 6.4 on a swb fx4. I dont believe anyone has actually timed the lwb model yet, cr mightve in their review but you need a subscription to see anything. If you need reference, tfl raced the expy swb platinum against the swb denali 10sp and qx80

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
6.5 was the 3rd gen 3.5L EL I believe the new expy is 6.1 sec in the same configuration.

I believe the first expy in 1997 was 0-60 in 9.5 seconds. The 2nd gen rang in at around 8.5 seconds. The 3rd gen 5.4L rings in at 7.5 seconds in SWB configuration. The 3.5L 3rd gen is 6.5 sec. The trend is we've made these bohemiths faster and faster.

Last edited:

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Then add a livernois recalibration & the 0-60 times will be in the 4's
That is what I plan to do the day I get a new Expedition with the 3:73 axle
Have owned an 2011 F150, 2013 Flex, 2013 Taurus SHO & a 2016 Explorer sport
All had the 3.5L dual turbo GDI ecoboost engines & all have been recalibrated with Livernois software
Really wakes these engines up
Much better throttle response etc
Have to love that turbo performance:)

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Consumer Reports says 7.3 seconds. Also rates it higher than the Navigator.

Last edited:

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow that surprising, i thought they praised the nav more in its review than they did for the expy.

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They said the seats in the Expy were more comfortable than in the Nav. They rated the Expy 65 overall, 59 for the Navigator, and were critical of the handling on the latter. Interesting, they rated the Tahoe and Suburban both 53. Of the Large SUVs, the Expedition was 4th overall, behind the Sequoia, Traverse and Flex. But the road test on the Expy was higher than the Sequoia, and because the Expy has IRS, cargo space is better. I bought the Max, which I think is the best overall in this class. Of note, the Nav makes 411HP on regular fuel, not sure that means much in real world driving.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They said the seats in the Expy were more comfortable than in the Nav. They rated the Expy 65 overall, 59 for the Navigator, and were critical of the handling on the latter. Interesting, they rated the Tahoe and Suburban both 53. Of the Large SUVs, the Expedition was 4th overall, behind the Sequoia, Traverse and Flex. But the road test on the Expy was higher than the Sequoia, and because the Expy has IRS, cargo space is better. I bought the Max, which I think is the best overall in this class. Of note, the Nav makes 411HP on regular fuel, not sure that means much in real world driving.

Traverse and Flex are medium-largish crossovers.

Maybe don't take that review all too seriously, writer seems confused

OP
OP
P

Paddler

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Traverse and Flex are medium-largish crossovers.

Maybe don't take that review all too seriously, writer seems confused

That's how they classify them. They are definitely not what I'm looking for. In general, CR does a pretty good job. I take them with a grain of salt, though, because what they think is important isn't always what I think is important. Take home message, the Expedition rates higher than any of the other contenders, and the Max is better than the GM products.