Max Boost PSI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those with a Tune, and monitor or data logging, what max boost PSI are you seeing?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For those with a Tune, and monitor or data logging, what max boost PSI are you seeing?
Sorry, but Max Boost is a mostly useless discussion on EcoBoost Motors. These Motors use a Torque Strategy. Basically, even on the same tune, boost can vary greatly based on Octane of fuel, temperature and humidity. The ECM demands a power level basically, and the other systems adjust to try to meet that demand, and obviously back off if knock is detected. So unless the person is in your area, with your tune, under similar load, it is mostly useless discussion.

OP
OP
FlyBry

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks Loki, I agree. It is similar to a dyno graph, it its not your car on the dyno.....dont expect the same results. That is what I've seen with my other twin turbo cars and other forums.
With the 5 Star tunes, I see the boost coming in early, flattening in the mid-range, then tapering on the top end. Which makes the Eco driving mode interesting, since you can load it with a fair amount of boost at low RPM, before the tranny tries to downshift.

OP
OP
FlyBry

FlyBry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry Mac
But dang, that map 5 is pumping out some serious Boost PSI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker