Mcgard 24215 Locking Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious. Following this one because I've read the smaller cone and smaller diameter is a really really bad idea.

nate6966

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ruh roh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Don't take my word for it, I don't have experience with it and haven't yet bought any locking lug nuts.
It's just what I read in one article/review. I'm hoping someone with more info chimes in.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah there’s stuff all over f-150 forum about guys having issues with the smaller cones on mcgard lugs. Tread lightly with these. I would’ve gone gorilla personally, just picked up a set for my truck and installed today. Same cone dimensions, one piece solid steel

OP
OP
D

doktoroktobor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah there’s stuff all over f-150 forum about guys having issues with the smaller cones on mcgard lugs. Tread lightly with these. I would’ve gone gorilla personally, just picked up a set for my truck and installed today. Same cone dimensions, one piece solid steel
Crap. Which ones? The kind with the spinning outer ring / sleeve?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ideally you would want to match the originals. However, I had the "smaller" cone diameter Gorilla lug nuts on my 2010 F-150 for nine years...after I upgraded from the stock XLT rims to a set of takeoff, FX-4, six-spoke 20" rims which required different lug nuts. NO PROBLEMS, even at the Ford dealer where they never missed an opportunity to try and sell me something they said I needed like the wider lugs IF it were real issue.