Memory Seat and Steering wheel not returning to position

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Infra246

Reaction score
My 2022 303a stealth is not telescoping the steering wheel and moving the seat about 1/3 times I start the vehicle. On my 2016 this feature was almost flawless the odd time it wouldn't work and I would push the memory button to reposition. On my 2019 it was about 1/10 times it would not do it. I took it in multiple times and after all kinds of software updates and two steering columns it continued to do it. I gave up. I had high hopes that this would be working properly on my 22 but it is worse than my 19. I have barely driven it and several times it doesn't set correctly and I have to press the memory button. Anyone else having this issue, I have not seen many complaints about this over the years, unless I ma not finding the posts. How hard is it to get his working correctly??

cruiseguy24

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Navigator and I would say the seat does not move into position similar to yours about 1/10 or 1/15 of the time. The steering wheel loses its height position all the time. It seems to migrate slightly lower each time and by the time a week passes I notice it again and have to reposition and memorize again. I complained once but they could not find anything. Not surprised because if they don't witness it happen it is hard to get fixed. Really frustrating that an expensive vehicle would do this. I have never had this issue with any other vehicle. Disappointing to hear the 2022 still has the same issue.

Johnb21

Reaction score
I have a 2018 304a pkg and noticed this recently. Like 2+ months ago, where 1/4 times it does return to the last position upon start and remains in entry/exit position. When this occurs, I hit the preset button to where they both move to the preset position. Kind of strange a few of us are experiencing this.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
The seat and steering wheel memory works flawlessly in my 2019 Expedition. In our 2021 Navigator, it remembers my wife's settings but won't ever recall the sterring wheel ones for mine. I've had this issue with it since new...constantly having to raise the steering wheel up when i get in. The part (I think called a seat memory module) has just come in and the navigator is at the dealer now...stay tuned and i'll post back if this seems to fix the issues.