Mexico map coverage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Left Coast Geek

Left Coast Geek

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, I just bought the nav upgrade from Ford, downloaded the current maps, stuck the stuff on a USB stick and upgraded the system with it... restart car, zoom out til I see most of California, drag down to the west coast of Mexico, zoom in and find Mazatlán, keep zooming in, wow, all the boulevards, zoom in some more, and fine grids of city streets. tried same thing on Merida near Yucatan, and boom yeah, right down to the city street level.

says I just got NA 2 22

somehow I'm not expecting a lot of road changes in the rural parts of Mexico the caravan I'm joining will be exploring.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to download a 22 map update about a month ago for my 2018 Expy. I did pay for an update subscription.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
My Garmin GPSs both cover Mexico (and Canada) and unlike the years old Sync maps the Garmin maps get revised several times a year at no cost to me. Prudent navigator does not depend on a single source of information. When the Garmin sitting on the dash right over the Sync GPS disagrees with Sync I use the Garmin data.

-- Chuck

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
I make sure my Expy’s nav is updated before any big trip. Those offline maps are great if you know every area you’ll be in and download it in advance, but I wing-it where I’m going on my trips a LOT, so I don’t know in advance where I’ll be. And I’ve had MANY occasions right here in the good old USA where my phone became a paperweight. If any of you know a great off-line nav app that will navigate all off North or South America with no service coverage, please let us know specifically which one does.

Mackenzie Gans

Reaction score
well, I just bought the nav upgrade from Ford, downloaded the current maps, stuck the stuff on a USB stick and upgraded the system with it... restart car, zoom out til I see most of California, drag down to the west coast of Mexico, zoom in and find Mazatlán, keep zooming in, wow, all the boulevards, zoom in some more, and fine grids of city streets. tried same thing on Merida near Yucatan, and boom yeah, right down to the city street level.

says I just got NA 2 22

somehow I'm not expecting a lot of road changes in the rural parts of Mexico the caravan I'm joining will be exploring.

I would recommend a Garmin unit, it will solve all of your problems. Google Maps and the Ford NAV will be USA-centric so you will never really solve the problem using them.