Michelin Agilis Cross Climate Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnprall

Reaction score
Has anyone installed these? If so, how do you like them? Per Michelin, these tires are "heavy duty light truck commercial tires".

Thoughts on putting a "commercial" tire on an Expedition? I have CrossClimate 2 tires on my Kia Stinger and I like them a lot.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this tire was available in the Ford Expedition's factory tire sizes.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this tire was available in the Ford Expedition's factory tire sizes.

Discount Tires suggest that they are available: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-agilis-crossclimate/p/86816

If go to Michelinman.com and look for tires for my truck (2021 XLT with 18 inch; 275/65R18, 116T), it only gives Defender LTX M/S and Primacy XC (which is OEM).

If, at the same website, I search specifically for 275/65R18, the Agilis CrossClimate comes up. https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-agilis-crossclimate?tyreSize=18. (scroll to the bottom).

If I check Tirerack.com using my vehicle info as search parameters, the Agilis CrossClimates are not even in the results that Tirerack shows. But again, search by tire size, and there they are. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...765R8ACC&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I just don't know why Discount Tires shows them available for the Expedition but Michelin and Tirerack do not (when using vehicle info for search parameters, not tire size). Is there something that Michelin and Tirerack know that Discount Tires doesn't? The Agilis CrossClimates look good on paper and have a E load range rating.

I live in Minnesota. I don't want to switch between summer/winter tires so I'm looking for something to cover both well (and the CrossClimate 2 have done well for my other car). In addition, I will be towing a 28 foot travel trailer about once a year so I'd like to have tires built for heavy load.

Lots of info at all of you. Suggestions/thoughts would be good. I do have emails out to Michelin and Tirerack but who knows if they will respond.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Discount Tires suggest that they are available: https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-agilis-crossclimate/p/86816

If go to Michelinman.com and look for tires for my truck (2021 XLT with 18 inch; 275/65R18, 116T), it only gives Defender LTX M/S and Primacy XC (which is OEM).

If, at the same website, I search specifically for 275/65R18, the Agilis CrossClimate comes up. https://www.michelinman.com/auto/tires/michelin-agilis-crossclimate?tyreSize=18. (scroll to the bottom).

If I check Tirerack.com using my vehicle info as search parameters, the Agilis CrossClimates are not even in the results that Tirerack shows. But again, search by tire size, and there they are. https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...765R8ACC&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

I just don't know why Discount Tires shows them available for the Expedition but Michelin and Tirerack do not (when using vehicle info for search parameters, not tire size). Is there something that Michelin and Tirerack know that Discount Tires doesn't? The Agilis CrossClimates look good on paper and have a E load range rating.

I live in Minnesota. I don't want to switch between summer/winter tires so I'm looking for something to cover both well (and the CrossClimate 2 have done well for my other car). In addition, I will be towing a 28 foot travel trailer about once a year so I'd like to have tires built for heavy load.

Lots of info at all of you. Suggestions/thoughts would be good. I do have emails out to Michelin and Tirerack but who knows if they will respond.

it's based on the filtering criteria tirerack/michelin are using vs discount tire.
Technically they will fit on the rim (discount tire includes it), however the manufacture specs are not aligned (Tirerack does not include it). I.e. minimum speed rating/load rating/load range.

Jerald Cook

Reaction score
Thoughts on putting a "commercial" tire on an Expedition? I have CrossClimate 2 tires on my Kia Stinger and I like them a lot.

About 15k miles ago I put on a set of KO2 as my Expy FX4 sees a bit of Colorado trails in the summer (the stock Michelins received a puncture). Like the Agilis Cross Climates, the KO2s are a load range E tire (stiffer sidewall with more plys, up to 80 psi, higher load capacity, etc). I'm not saying it was a huge mistake, but the ride quality definitely suffered and I have a bit of regret going to a load range E tire on my daily driver. I just recently bought a second set of FX4 wheels so I can keep the KO2s for the trails and run an stock all season most of the year.

My wife has Cross Climates on her Acura MDX and I agree it's a great tire.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses.

I ended up going with Michelin Defenders LTX. Had good reviews overall and for snow. I also wanted a less-than-off road tire tread.

Per Michelin, I’ve got 60 days to “return” them if I don’t like them.

Johnb21

Reaction score
TR does list the Cross Climate 2 for size 285x45x22. Still curious if anyone on the site has installed them. Thanks.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all for your responses.

I ended up going with Michelin Defenders LTX. Had good reviews overall and for snow. I also wanted a less-than-off road tire tread.

Per Michelin, I’ve got 60 days to “return” them if I don’t like them.
I have the same Michelin, they are fantastic tires. Pricy, but very good, absolutely worth it.
I don't understand why anyone would budget shop for tires, the extra $500 for a high quality set can literally be life or death.

OP
OP
D

dnprall

Reaction score
I have the same Michelin, they are fantastic tires. Pricy, but very good, absolutely worth it.
I don't understand why anyone would budget shop for tires, the extra $500 for a high quality set can literally be life or death.
Costco had them on sale too.

VBreithaupt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was looking at cross climate 2 but went with LTX. I believe CC2 are directional tires which means you can only rotate front to back. Not that it should be a deal breaker. Distinguishable feel difference. LTX so much better tire in feel then the Hancook.