Mid-engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is our car a mid-engine? Front mid-engine, not like most sports cars, back mid-engine.

I would argue that most of engine and trans is way behind the front axle....

Discuss!

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is our car a mid-engine? Front mid-engine, not like most sports cars, back mid-engine.

I would argue that most of engine and trans is way behind the front axle....

Discuss!
My engine on my 2016 is in front of me when I drive. Not sure about yours but I’d venture to say it also is in front of you when you drive. They put it under this thing called a hood. It’s pretty cool, you open it up standing in FRONT of the vehicle and it covers rbis really complex looking thing with wires and hoses coming out of it. That’s called the engine! Really neat you should look at it sometime

Grey ghost

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah yes, the seemingly lost art of sarcasm.lol
Mid engine would be in about the back seat on an expidition, but wouldn't it be great to access fluid levels in the console?

OP
OP
T

Tom T

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry guys your are real idiots

front means in front of front axle, rear means behind rear axle and mid means between axles...

Having German (yeah, it was not US who invented and perfected cars) genes as well as oil in my blood, I guess my question was a) to funny b) to smart for you all

st381183

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9EE2AADC-EB85-42EE-B07D-EE29071E03CE.jpeg https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/toyota-previa-supercar-minivans-257081

The Toyota Previa!

Just saying the engine doesn’t have to sit behind you in order for it to be a mid-engine car.

Last edited:

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
.................the U.S is who made the automobile viable in the first place by pioneering the assembly line/ mass production. This made manufacturing more efficient, hence why USA is accredited for the automobile. The Americans did indeed invent the SUV, the Chevrolet Suburban was the first starting in 1935. The Full Size sport utility is an American staple.

Front engine btw

Last edited: