Mid-engine?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes but some people are just hung up on semantics and are just waiting for someone to slip up with a slight off definition use of a word or something so they can jump up and yell gotcha because it makes them feel better or Superior I think.
I do like have all or at least a lot of the facts and do you like to know the truth but how that affects each person and what result a person experiences from these can vary greatly that's where I say things are relative.
Regional areas also have a lot to do with this. This is why we get into politics and stuff there are such differences of opinion.
One quick example off the top of my head would be current unemployment numbers. It is a fact that they are at 50-year record lows or at least a fact that unemployment is down. However there are some people in certain areas or in certain industries that despite hearing this and even believing it's true, have a hard time because what they see doesn't feel that way to them. I guess two apples plus two apples equals four apples doesn't mean much if you don't have any apples.
So being a fact or being true sometimes makes no difference to some people situation. This comes into play when your trying to tell someone they should do something or believe something because of said facts or truth. In their mind they're thinking why should they bother , it will make no difference to them.
And of course the fact person belittles or insults them and tells them if they would believe the facts and do what they're told maybe things will get better for them and they would have an apple. This is not necessarily true or even often the case. Thus we end up in a vicious circle of hatred and argumentative tone.
But it never fails that the truth touter goes away feeling superior and shaking their head over theperson who they say is either an idiot or just doesn't get it.
And this little story is probably a fact but it doesn't matter though. It is simply my observation of things in the world and I can have confirmed that this does occur.

Facts are facts regardless of how ‘helpful’ or relevant they are to you.

Just because someone is unemployed doesn’t change the fact that unemployment is at 3.5%.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Facts are facts regardless of how ‘helpful’ or relevant they are to you.

Just because someone is unemployed doesn’t change the fact that unemployment is at 3.5%.
Well no shit Sherlock I think I stated that. My point was if someone's in an area, industry, or region where they can't find employment it doesn't really matter to them if the employment rate is factually at 3.5% or 8.5%. To them and their area employment sucks. 8.5 cystically and factually will be much better than 3.5 but to them it does not matter. So sometimes facts don't matter..
Knowing the facts usually matters, I know it especially does to you, but facts relevance to said individual is often unimportant or irrelevant to the actual fact.
You do see this right?? Or do you just like to argue? Or conditions be damned, facts are all that matters??
Facts are important, but my point is that conditions and relevance can have a great impact, sometimes even more than the actual facts.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well no shit Sherlock I think I stated that. My point was if someone's in an area, industry, or region where they can't find employment it doesn't really matter to them if the employment rate is factually at 3.5% or 8.5%. To them and their area employment sucks. 8.5 cystically and factually will be much better than 3.5 but to them it does not matter. So sometimes facts don't matter..
Knowing the facts usually matters, I know it especially does to you, but facts relevance to said individual is often unimportant or irrelevant to the actual fact.
You do see this right?? Or do you just like to argue? Or conditions be damned, facts are all that matters??
Facts are important, but my point is that conditions and relevance can have a great impact, sometimes even more than the actual facts.

What’s your point

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What’s your point
Facts are facts, but they are not necessarily King.
Would also add that facts are not the only important thing and the decision making process. Just one of several or many.
Like one of those discussions where someone keeps pointing out a fact and saying but it's this way over and over and the other person says but that doesn't matter. This is how life works. And some situations facts matter more than others.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Facts are facts, but they are not necessarily King.
Would also add that facts are not the only important thing and the decision making process. Just one of several or many.
Like one of those discussions where someone keeps pointing out a fact and saying but it's this way over and over and the other person says but that doesn't matter. This is how life works. And some situations facts matter more than others.

I’m just glad you’ve changed your mind and value facts now. That’s a good thing that came out of a crazy thread.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This has to be the weirdest thread ever on this forum.
Oh, not even close. There have been two more threads recently much more lively than this.

Now getting back to weird, I had a giant post all spoken out the other night and I dropped my phone and lost it all but here goes part of it.
Cars are weird in the ways of not using exact definitions of things in some situations but others they are so literal it is stupid.
We call it a windshield or some call it a windscreen. Windshield kind of makes sense but I've never seen little holes in it allowing the air to come through so I don't know where they get screen from. Back to definitions. Ice cream can be something that just block something or between you and the thing or something you view things on like a TV screen but it is often thought of as a screen like a screen wire.
Now we have windshield wipers, also quite literal. But then we go have a radio or a stereo or a radio that plays stereo, a master cylinder, what is it the master of and it's really not as much of a cylinder it's more of a piston. But a piston goes go in a cylinder so why did the cylinder get to be the king of the name. Most people think of it more as the fluid reservoir which is on top of the actual master cylinder or the Piston assembly but that is actually a reservoir that holds the brake fluid but most of us think of that as the master cylinder or part of it. Shouldn't be more like brake controller or hydraulic pressure actuator or brake thingy?
Then we have console. Who is upset? What is it consoling. Oh I guess that would be counselor. See the funny way English is.... and that sentence is an abomination of the English language but oh well.
Other items on cars get cool catchy names and then they try to trademark them or they do trademark the names. Cruise control, positraction, trac-lok, Sure Grip, all names for both rear wheels Drive instead of one will wonder. Differential?? Shouldn't it really be converter or Direction converter or some sort of distribution?
We were referred to cars as I having axles they don't really have but one. Or they have two split in half in the front or back.
Flywheel or flexplate, that's a good one that makes no sense.
Carburetor really should have been fuel atomizer or even injector or vapor injector would have been acceptable. Distributor is quite accurate and simple. And we have a huge mouthful for windshield washer fluid reservoir. Can they just have called that Shield juice or Shield fluid or even windfluid.

People use Dash to refer to the entire Dash which is more accurate and then just the instrument panel which has its own name. Then some people just call it the gauges.
Oh... Rocker panels. That's got to be from way back on the horse and buggy days or something. Just like running boards which are very cool okay to run up and down on but hard to turn around without stepping off and stepping back on..
Sail panel must be because it looks like a sailboat sail but it's a dumb name. Keep cars and boat terminology totally separate please. The last thing I want is port and starboard showing up.
Then some car manufacturer I assumed it was a manufacturer decided to name a pillars and B pillars just arbitrarily their boat and now it's like official definition.
Bumpers... Better not try that today. They are not exactly durable.
We call wipers wipers so why not door handles handlers.

Courtesy lights, interior lights, opera lamps. Ammeter. I've never seen one yet that showed anything but volts.
Center support bearing, commonly referred to as carrier bearing. U-joint, 4 universal joint but they don't fit everything so they're not Universal. They should have called it a t joint or a plus joint because that's what it looks like.
Resonator, if that's like almost against the definition.
Catalytic converter, now there's a good one. People have been thinking they change something in The Cadillacs for decades.
Exhaust scrubber would have been a better word. Or cleaner or emission something.

Quite the conundrum

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, not even close. There have been two more threads recently much more lively than this.

Now getting back to weird, I had a giant post all spoken out the other night and I dropped my phone and lost it all but here goes part of it.
Cars are weird in the ways of not using exact definitions of things in some situations but others they are so literal it is stupid.
We call it a windshield or some call it a windscreen. Windshield kind of makes sense but I've never seen little holes in it allowing the air to come through so I don't know where they get screen from. Back to definitions. Ice cream can be something that just block something or between you and the thing or something you view things on like a TV screen but it is often thought of as a screen like a screen wire.
Now we have windshield wipers, also quite literal. But then we go have a radio or a stereo or a radio that plays stereo, a master cylinder, what is it the master of and it's really not as much of a cylinder it's more of a piston. But a piston goes go in a cylinder so why did the cylinder get to be the king of the name. Most people think of it more as the fluid reservoir which is on top of the actual master cylinder or the Piston assembly but that is actually a reservoir that holds the brake fluid but most of us think of that as the master cylinder or part of it. Shouldn't be more like brake controller or hydraulic pressure actuator or brake thingy?
Then we have console. Who is upset? What is it consoling. Oh I guess that would be counselor. See the funny way English is.... and that sentence is an abomination of the English language but oh well.
Other items on cars get cool catchy names and then they try to trademark them or they do trademark the names. Cruise control, positraction, trac-lok, Sure Grip, all names for both rear wheels Drive instead of one will wonder. Differential?? Shouldn't it really be converter or Direction converter or some sort of distribution?
We were referred to cars as I having axles they don't really have but one. Or they have two split in half in the front or back.
Flywheel or flexplate, that's a good one that makes no sense.
Carburetor really should have been fuel atomizer or even injector or vapor injector would have been acceptable. Distributor is quite accurate and simple. And we have a huge mouthful for windshield washer fluid reservoir. Can they just have called that Shield juice or Shield fluid or even windfluid.

People use Dash to refer to the entire Dash which is more accurate and then just the instrument panel which has its own name. Then some people just call it the gauges.
Oh... Rocker panels. That's got to be from way back on the horse and buggy days or something. Just like running boards which are very cool okay to run up and down on but hard to turn around without stepping off and stepping back on..
Sail panel must be because it looks like a sailboat sail but it's a dumb name. Keep cars and boat terminology totally separate please. The last thing I want is port and starboard showing up.
Then some car manufacturer I assumed it was a manufacturer decided to name a pillars and B pillars just arbitrarily their boat and now it's like official definition.
Bumpers... Better not try that today. They are not exactly durable.
We call wipers wipers so why not door handles handlers.

Courtesy lights, interior lights, opera lamps. Ammeter. I've never seen one yet that showed anything but volts.
Center support bearing, commonly referred to as carrier bearing. U-joint, 4 universal joint but they don't fit everything so they're not Universal. They should have called it a t joint or a plus joint because that's what it looks like.
Resonator, if that's like almost against the definition.
Catalytic converter, now there's a good one. People have been thinking they change something in The Cadillacs for decades.
Exhaust scrubber would have been a better word. Or cleaner or emission something.

Quite the conundrum

0edd3c34f250a7ff7639f76812ba9d42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m just glad you’ve changed your mind and value facts now. That’s a good thing that came out of a crazy thread.
You either don't comprehend what you read that I post, are confusing my post with someone else's, or simply skim through my long-winded post so quickly that you don't catch certain parts that I say.
I have changed my mind about nothing. I never once disputed that facts weren't facts with you. That was someone else in another thread.
My stance has always been that regardless of facts the perception or what one experiences which is fat for them, varies. This is where you brought in confirmation bias in the previous thread.
To me, some facts are more important than others or some facts are less variable. 2 plus 2 always equal 4 and my book ,regardless of what some people try to say. Gravity is a pretty hard fact too but there are times where things can physically seem to deceive the laws of physics and gravity seems to not be there. It really is but for all intents and purposes it's having no effect.
Albany little terms that confirmation bias and perception and all that are fine for current opinion but people tend to use them to discount are fine for current opinion but people tend to use them to discount others experiences. When you have something happen to you repeatedly or every time in your life it becomes fact to you. This can be contrary to whatever statistics or national averages are.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You either don't comprehend what you read that I post, are confusing my post with someone else's, or simply skim through my long-winded post so quickly that you don't catch certain parts that I say.
I have changed my mind about nothing. I never once disputed that facts weren't facts with you. That was someone else in another thread.
My stance has always been that regardless of facts the perception or what one experiences which is fat for them, varies. This is where you brought in confirmation bias in the previous thread.
To me, some facts are more important than others or some facts are less variable. 2 plus 2 always equal 4 and my book ,regardless of what some people try to say. Gravity is a pretty hard fact too but there are times where things can physically seem to deceive the laws of physics and gravity seems to not be there. It really is but for all intents and purposes it's having no effect.
Albany little terms that confirmation bias and perception and all that are fine for current opinion but people tend to use them to discount are fine for current opinion but people tend to use them to discount others experiences. When you have something happen to you repeatedly or every time in your life it becomes fact to you. This can be contrary to whatever statistics or national averages are.

You have plainly said you keep your opinions on thing regardless of facts and have no desire to expand your horizons or perspectives based on facts or the input of others.

No wall of words will change that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1