Mirror Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cnovalles73

Reaction score
I just picked up a '99 EB and have lots of work to do. I need to replace the driver's side mirror because the glass is shattered. Whats the easiest way to get just the glass out or do I HAVE to replace the entire assembly? Also, mine is equipped with the turn signal in there but the only one I could find at junk yard didn't have this feature, will that work???

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an oem driver side mirror from a 00 XLT. It is power & heated. Black plastic housing. Does not have turn signal, though. The unit is broken at the arm joint, but the mirror glass is definitely salvageable, along with any wiring/motor and the plastic cap. PM if you are interested in buying. I'll give you a great deal.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
also search koolvue or kool vue mirrors on ebay. I ended up buying the whole mirror assembly for my 03 Screw (should be the same body style) for less than just the mirror glass from Ford. Good luck, Mike

OP
OP
cnovalles73

cnovalles73

Reaction score
Thanks man, I REALLY appreciate it but I already have the replacement glass; I just want to know the best/easiest way to replace it.

mtondreo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I misunderstood - mine the mirror glass just pulled right off (felt like it was going to break. There are two ball-type snaps that hold it on (or one) can't remember. Look at the back of the new glass and it will kind of show it. Then there is two spot where the piston things adjust the mirror. The new glass did not come with any of these parts from Ford which is how I got shafted, but it does just pop off. Not sure on the turn signal as mine were on the mirror housing and not in the glass. Hope this helps, Mike.
I made sure to try and apply even presure to both sides when pulling it to keep from breaking it (not an issue for you since it is broken).

OP
OP
cnovalles73

cnovalles73

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks again. I'll give it a go tomorrow and keep bandages and benzine on standby, LOL!!

OP
OP
cnovalles73

cnovalles73

Reaction score
...so I got the mirror out & it did pop right off. Only problem is the mount of the one I got at the junk yard is COMPLETELY different from the one on my truck so I tried getting the glass off and, of course, it flippin broke so.....back to square one.

OP
OP
cnovalles73

cnovalles73

Reaction score
Well, I hit my local junk yard and there's a TON of Expys in great shape with a ton of parts. I found a perfect set of mirrors but without the built in signal lamp but I don't really care. ....baby steps.

khpony

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious on what you had to pay for the mirrors. I need to replace both of mine on my '98.

OP
OP
cnovalles73

cnovalles73

Reaction score
Just curious on what you had to pay for the mirrors. I need to replace both of mine on my '98.

To be honest, I'm not sure of the exact cost because I bought a few things along with it but I wanna say it was around $7?