Moon Roof won't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redbone

Reaction score
In a previous thread I was having trouble with the power windows, flip windows, moon roof , rear wiper, running board lights and interior lights.
All this was fixed by replacing the battery saver relay; except the moon roof. It is open and will not close.
All the other parts on this circuit are working except the moon roof.
I checked the current going to the moon roof switch in the overhead console and two wires only had 5 volts of current. They were both white/ red stripe.
My Haynes book does not give a wiring diagram of the moon roof.
Why are all the other parts on that circuit working and not the moon roof? This is a 2000 Expedition. Thanks<><

Update: I thought I had this fixed; except for the moon roof. When I found the bad relay, I had taken out the GEM to check for corrosion. Earlier when my wife turned the car off, the fan blower stayed on. Two days later when I got home to work on it, the fan wasn't on anymore but the other problems.
I was told by the local dealer when they had one with this blower problem, it is almost always water in the GEM. When I checked mine, there was no sign of corrosion or buildup of any kind. So I put it back in with the new relay and everything worked except the moon roof. I am really disgusted about what to do next. Some help would be appreciated.<><

Last edited:
OP
OP
redbone

redbone

Reaction score
Disappointed!

I know I'm new to this forum, but is thought I would have had some help by now. I guess everyone is as lost as I am.<><

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2000EBmoonroof.jpg

Here's the wiring diagram.

The WH/RD wires you spoke of seem to be the "open" wires.

Last edited: