Moose Lights/Off-Road Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Lisa Hawn

Lisa Hawn

Reaction score
I (personally) wouldnt put anything in the way of viewing out the windshield.
You did ask.

I remember driving north out of Anchorage and there was a big sign that updated daily. I think it said something like "Watch for collisions with Moose, 458 Moose Collisions this year".

One thing about LED lights we found when we put them on our (Club) snowmobile trail groomer. They didnt melt the snow & ice like the old incandescent ones did!!

Is it possible to replace the FOG lights with mega lux Moose lights?

Yes that sign is still there. It is updated weekly according to how many moose have been hit on that highway in what is called "The Valley" (Palmer, Eagle River) and north of Anchorage. That is 7 hours south of me (on dry Summer roads). I have driven from Fort Greely, AK to Glenallen, AK (4+ hours) and not seen another vehicle in the winter. I live in the interior....110 miles to my first traffic light in Fairbanks. It may not be the ideal location for some people but I live and work here (Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Defense) so others don't have to.

S Mathieson

Reaction score
Sir
As requested, I have sets of these light bars . On my Expedition, Navigator and F-150.
They are not your run you’re of the mill cheap add on bars
Brand is a Vision X Extreme 21”
You Won’t be disappointed.

64AB1951-82BF-4E66-A653-1D007538BF13.jpeg

brhulen

Reaction score
I lived in DJ for 26 years, my home was about 1\4 mile from Clearwater Lodge. And yes you are living the dream! As you know your moose lights need to be at bumper level or lower for best visibility and angled slightly outwards to illuminate the bar ditches. Interesting question posed about why not mounting them at A pillar and obviously from someone who has never driven in white out conditions. I worked at PS9 driving security patrol for 21 of those years and experienced white outs more times than I care to recall around Rainbow Mountain area. You might contact Greer welding in FBX as they are excellent fabricators and they surely could come up with something. I don't know if AST is still using Expeditions but if so you could see what type they use. Best of luck, sure miss the Interior.

OP
OP
Lisa Hawn

Lisa Hawn

Reaction score
I lived in DJ for 26 years, my home was about 1\4 mile from Clearwater Lodge. And yes you are living the dream! As you know your moose lights need to be at bumper level or lower for best visibility and angled slightly outwards to illuminate the bar ditches. Interesting question posed about why not mounting them at A pillar and obviously from someone who has never driven in white out conditions. I worked at PS9 driving security patrol for 21 of those years and experienced white outs more times than I care to recall around Rainbow Mountain area. You might contact Greer welding in FBX as they are excellent fabricators and they surely could come up with something. I don't know if AST is still using Expeditions but if so you could see what type they use. Best of luck, sure miss the Interior.

It's nice to hear from another Sourdough! Thank you for a warm smile and the tips on who to contact locally.