Most Cost Effecient Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to get a superchips, but i'm too poor to afford 300+.

any cheaper alternative?

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a local guy selling his superchips flashpaq for $150. he'll even set it up and program my expy on the spot. should i do it?

also, what should i look for? I guess I could always sell it back if I don't want it.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes and u can run the program urself...plug it up and select a few buttons...it'll create the file and upload to your truck

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got one I'll sell you for $120 shipped. It's probably the same one he is selling. It's super easy. Plug it into your OBDII port and follow the on screen instructions. You do have to remove a relay, but that takes just a minute.

Victor

OP
OP
M

mrazndead

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks rex for the offer. I decided I'm not going to chip it at this point, jiusy going to enjoy the car as is. I'm going to be spending my money on a sound system

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Amazon has some nice DVD head units for a a steal right now. I'm ordering the Pioneeer AVH-x5500 today for 379. You can find the 3500 for around 299 though if your broke. Takes a little modification to fit one in but well worth it when you consider the price of a single DIN unit in comparision to what they can each do.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got one I'll sell you for $120 shipped. It's probably the same one he is selling. It's super easy. Plug it into your OBDII port and follow the on screen instructions. You do have to remove a relay, but that takes just a minute.

Victor

why do u need to remove a relay? shouldnt have to

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why do u need to remove a relay? shouldnt have to

X2... I never had i remove any relay....

I also did not xperience any gains in gas mileage, but it was a big change in how the truck shifted, and throttle response.

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know why, but for this programmer you have to remove a relay under the hood while it flashes the computer.

Victor