Motor mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Al95

Reaction score
2000 Ford Exp 5.4 2 wheel drive. I went to my local autozone and brought the motor mounts. The mechanic told me the mounts where no good. Took the exp to mechanic to have them replace. At 8pm today he calls me and tells me one of the motor mounts don't fit the truck. Call autozone they told it was the correct part number to bring mount back to store maybe it was package in the wrong box. Does anyone have any idea why drives side mount didn't fit and the passenger side did fit correctly they where different parts number. Thanks in advance

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got it autozone. Thats why. You get what you pay for with chain stores and they pay associates poorly...

Probably the wrong part, wrong year, wrong box, wrong something.

You don't work that style retail unless you cant get a better retail job. Dont get me wrong, many of the people in these stores are good, but you never know who ELSE was involved in the exchange, or the repack at a different store, and then sent to them. There are many points of failure.

Another answer is you got the ones for a different engine model.

OP
OP
Al95

Al95

Reaction score
My exp is a 2 wheel drive after looking around finally went to dealership and found out the exp has parts for a 4 wheel drive also uses parts for 2000 and 2001 model. The mounts are for a 4 wheel drive

AbbadonTD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its usually a stupid model/feature thing when this stuff happens.

Whats nice is that next time you will think to say "2 wheel drive" when they ask what model you have!

jdpoissa

Reaction score
My exp is a 2 wheel drive after looking around finally went to dealership and found out the exp has parts for a 4 wheel drive also uses parts for 2000 and 2001 model. The mounts are for a 4 wheel drive
Hello - how did you lift the motor to replace the mounts? I need to get an oil filter adapter out which is right next to the mount.

OP
OP
Al95

Al95

Reaction score
My repair shop did the replacement I just brought the parts.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
About 17 years back I was store manager for Kragens auto parts, now Oreillys. What happens is not the counterman/woman's fault in many cases. What happens is the paper catalogs get transferred into the computer. If they had a misprint, and never got caught, you guessed it, went right into the computer program. These days the stores don't have paper backups. Training of the crew is so depending on each manager. Myself being a mechanic for so many years gave me an edge. We would bench test ignition coils, starters, alternators, modules, etc. My store was the highest volume in the bay area chain, and one reason was my people knew what they were doing! Like any business it starts at the top, namely me. True corporates pay was low for their knowledge, but we advanced their pay, on top of other perks to make up for it. I made it a fun store to work, not like the dealerships. So not all chain stores are bad!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk