motor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found a 98 expedition for sale with a huge lift, at least 37" tires.... the problem its a 4.6l and does not run.

What, it any would be a easy motor swap to get some power to those huge tires. In my mind the 4.6 with that size tire would just be over whelmed. Any advice would be helpful. Ill be honest later on 4bt swap. But now my budget is tight.

qcksnake

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would do a 99-04 up 5.4 swap. Any good tuner can provide you with a file to work with your PCM (got questions pm me and i can help) The 99-03s have a PI head 5.4 with pretty good power.

jeremiah

OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
THANKS!

I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I'm pretty much buying it from 3 pictures and the man's word. Hopfully the motors not blown yet and I can get her on the road temporarily. And start the 5.4 build process as well.

I'm defiantly not looking for an exact number but roughly what am I looking at cost wise to do a 5.4 swap (minus the motor.)

OP
OP
R

RobertNol

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So it wasn't as big as the pictures made it look but for 1100 i can't complain!!

She needs a GOOD cleaning, a few new panels on the interior that were painted an ugly teal. Also it appears the motor might be ceased. My dad said he's got a few ideas left but I'm pretty sure she's ceased up.

By the way the tires on te front are from another expedition and we needed then to get it to pass the axles on the trailer. I don't think u-haul would approve but she's riding pretty good

IMAG0061.jpg