Motorcraft parts or after market?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious on everyone's thoughts. I just ordered motorcraft pulleys and tensioner.

Plati

Reaction score
Depends on the part. Usually Motorcraft. I think can buy some cheaper online than at a Dealer.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All depends on the part and what the goal is.
Give me some examples, please.

Where is everyone's serpentine belt diagram listed? I could've sworn it was in the engine bay, but I couldn't find mine. Wasn't on my door frame either. I ended up googling it. You'd think it would be an easy search, but it wasn't.

aagitch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me it depends on the parts. I have both an explorer and expedition. Someone above mentioned quality american. Recently the past few motorcraft parts I've used, the Ford/Motorcraft label on the package said "Contents made in China". I was kind of pissed. The explorer forum has had several comments about belt tensioners going bad before 100,000 miles. I recently replaced mine with a different brand better warranty. My rotors I recently replaced with motorcraft. So, definitely just depends with me, I'll consider price versus warranty etc..

Last edited:

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Off the top of my head
Spark plugs, oil, oil filter, transfer case fluid, sensors, batteries all Motorcraft.

Won’t buy Motorcraft for brakes or shocks. Brand I go with depends on application.
Went Bilstein for shocks and am still waffling between EBC and Baer for brakes.
Gear oil I prefer amsoil.
I like NAPA Gold for replacement air filters.

Belts I go with Goodyear Gatorback first or Continental.

Also depends on if looking for an upgrade or if factory quality is good enough.

Also the belt diagram should be in the owners manual.

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For me it depends on the parts. I have both an explorer and expedition. Someone above mentioned quality american. Recently the past few motorcraft parts I've used, the Ford/Motorcraft label on the package said "Contents made in China". I was kind of pissed. The explorer forum has had several comments about belt tensioners going bad before 100,000 miles. I recently replaced mine with a different brand better warranty. My rotors I recently replaced with motorcraft. So, definitely just depends with me, I'll consider price versus warranty etc..
I saw Canada written on one package of pulleys. Not sure if it was the belt tensioner, belt or ridged pulley, but something had Germany written on the part itself.

Also the belt diagram should be in the owners manual.
I bought mine used and the manual was MIA. I'm pretty sure the first generation had the belt diagram in the engine bay. My '14 should too. Kind of a ******* move by Ford in my opinion.

Plati

Reaction score
True. No diagram in my 14. Diagram in my 03 engine bay.

I wouldn't be able to do it with just a diagram anyway. Gotta have a YouTube video :893karatesmiley-thu

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford