Mounted up my 35"s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yep got my 35"s mounted up (325/65R18). I trimmed enough so that for normal driving they dont rub at all, turning from lock to lock. Keep in mind I have the daystar coil lift front and rear (2-2.5" of lift).

I will hear the rubber vs plastic battle if I take it off road though... To alleviate this I ordered a 3" body lift for a 04-05 F150 - which I plan to adapt to my expy. Should make for a lot of work...

On to the new pics.

24461560088_large.jpg

24461560087_large.jpg

24461560086_large.jpg

24461560089_large.jpg

24461560090_large.jpg

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you looked into the rize industries lift for the irs expeditions. it allows you to fit 37's and keep the factory ride.

OP
OP
D

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have you looked into the rize industries lift for the irs expeditions. it allows you to fit 37's and keep the factory ride.

Yeah I saw the 8" lift and would LOVE to have it. BUT for the price of that kit, even on sale dirt cheap, I would just rather put more cash down for a mustang convertible.

My total for the daystar lift and the 3" body lift I picked up (for an F150) is roughly $650 including some misc parts I'll probably need when I start on the body lift. 5.5-6" of lift instead of 8" will suit me fine for now saving $3500 over the Rize kit.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
how hard was it to install the daystars? and how does it ride? i have an 03 4wd. i was thinking of putting 33's trying to get a little clearance but keep it low enough to fit in all the parking garages in LA.

OP
OP
D

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the daystars on and 285/65 18's and was about as high as I could go in the parking garages here and down in baltimore. I still have a little yellow paint on my rear deflector from baltimore actually.

I went to a local shop for their help with the daystars. If you have the tools available to change your shocks you'll be able to do the spacers.

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, quick question for you i want to run a set of 35s on my 2001 eb but they dont make lifts for them.. do you think i would have enough room to stuff them if i crank the torsion keys 3 inches and 3 inch spacers in the rear for the air ride? i want to put a body lift but i think it will mess up the air ride sensor because 4 wheels parts doesnt make one for the air ride. thanks

OP
OP
D

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not as familiar with the 1st gen expy's running air ride. A lot of people looking to lift them ditch the air ride though!

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can you give me measurements from your hub to the top of your fender? or from ground to top of fender? i need to figure out how much i need to lift it to tuck the 35s