Mounted up my 35"s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Lightning,

It's about 22" from the center of my front hub to the top of my fender. +/- .5" or so.

Thanks Texas/Craig!

Had to pick up a new toy since I started playing off road a little bit more and the articulation on these expy's blows pretty bad.

0801091449a.jpg

Got my body lift kit in the mail, but that will have to wait till I get about a week off (just in case I run into something).

LightningExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks, again your truck looks great post some pics of the body lift when you get it all done. im in the process of getting one for mine but i still have some things im trying to figure out on what i want to do to get the lift i need.

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious...did you ever install the body lift?

Also, whats your backspacing/offset on those wheels?

I just picked up a set of 315/70/17 BFG All terrains and need to get wheels to make them fit. It seems most of the lifted trucks run 4.5 backspacing as stock is about 6 I think.

I have not seen anyone running 35's on a 2WD, so I think I am the first. I know they will fit, my 33's look tiny with the 3" truxxx lift. Its the inside rubbing I want to prevent. With enough backspacing I think they will work.

Anyone out there have any advice?

rptr00

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well after a long conversation with 4Wheel Parts, I ordered a set of 17x9 with 4.5" backspacing from centerline. They had forged wheels in overstock @ $109 ea.

pics will be posted when its all done.

now, about that body lift...

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, quick question for you i want to run a set of 35s on my 2001 eb but they dont make lifts for them.. do you think i would have enough room to stuff them if i crank the torsion keys 3 inches and 3 inch spacers in the rear for the air ride? i want to put a body lift but i think it will mess up the air ride sensor because 4 wheels parts doesnt make one for the air ride. thanks

i have an 01 EB and i have a rancho 4" susp lift on mine and i fit 35's with no rubbing except under extreme articulation. i was running 365/65/16 toyo open country tires on 16x10 weld rims.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep got my 35"s mounted up (325/65R18). I trimmed enough so that for normal driving they dont rub at all, turning from lock to lock. Keep in mind I have the daystar coil lift front and rear (2-2.5" of lift).

I will hear the rubber vs plastic battle if I take it off road though... To alleviate this I ordered a 3" body lift for a 04-05 F150 - which I plan to adapt to my expy. Should make for a lot of work...

On to the new pics.

24461560088_large.jpg

24461560087_large.jpg

24461560086_large.jpg

24461560089_large.jpg

24461560090_large.jpg

Just wondering what wheels are those on your red expy??

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks good, quick question for you i want to run a set of 35s on my 2001 eb but they dont make lifts for them.. do you think i would have enough room to stuff them if i crank the torsion keys 3 inches and 3 inch spacers in the rear for the air ride? i want to put a body lift but i think it will mess up the air ride sensor because 4 wheels parts doesnt make one for the air ride. thanks

They do make lifts for 1st gen expeditions

BIG GREEN FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you see what year this post was done????....2009 :signs8:

I know you want to get your posts up but this is a little ridiculous:favorites37:

I didn't look at that day that comment was posted, sorry. Because people where still posting here and I got confused.
I don't care about my post # by the way :)