Muffler Took a Dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I personally love Corsa, have had great luck with them in the past. Question here though, I've seen several mentions about Corsa on this forum lately. Are you guys effectively saying to keep everything stock but replace just the muffler? As I've reached out to Corsa a couple times in the last 12 months (including about a week ago) and they said they do NOT have and do not plan on making anything for the late model expy's. Just curious what folks are doing here.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We need to get LGE-CTS to post a sound clip of their Expedition with the Borla cat back. They sell it for just under $500.00 and they have a Gibson one for a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did I read that right that 3 of those 4 are for the Max only? But regardless, would love to hear them, or if anyone has one and comment on them.

Here's an F150, the video says it's a 5.0L so it's going to be throatier and deeper, but my guess is it would sound pretty similar.

Last edited:

Joshua Cole

Reaction score
You can buy a cat back system or buy their 24" muffler and BOTH are still Magnaflow straight thru cheaply made mufflers that do NOT cancel drone well and you will hear it in the cabin.
Theres a reason they are nicknamed "Magno-drone" in the aftermarket car world. lol. Buy a Corsa muffler and be done with it..... Its have tone but not annoy the wife.

Always been a huge fan of magnaflow for eliminating drone. I love their sound and performance, stainless steel, never rusted on any of my cars. are you confusing magnaflow with something else?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Always been a huge fan of magnaflow for eliminating drone. I love their sound and performance, stainless steel, never rusted on any of my cars. are you confusing magnaflow with something else?

Nope. Magnaflow uses good stainless steel, but thin wall mufflers so all the drone comes into the cabin.
Magnaflow are budget stainless exhaust in most eyes. Borla and Corsa are high end pieces that keep the cabin drone to a minimum.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Borla and Corsa were the only two brands I've used over the last 15 years or so, Corsa to me had the best sound outside and the least cabin noise. But so far it's a no go on one for the expy.

OP
OP
E

EngRWW33

Reaction score
Finally took this out yesterday evening. Seems to be driving & idling normally, so I do not believe there is any clog (yet??). Sound seemed louder, but I was obviously a bit sensitive to noise, so may just be a placebo effect.
As of now, I don't plan on any changes. Time will tell if the muffler/resonator decides to continue to empty it's contents.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did I read that right that 3 of those 4 are for the Max only? But regardless, would love to hear them, or if anyone has one and comment on them.

Here's an F150, the video says it's a 5.0L so it's going to be throatier and deeper, but my guess is it would sound pretty similar.

Here is a F-150 3.5L Ecoboost with Gibson Exhaust

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk