My 97 5.4L XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got the brush guard installed about a week ago along with some after market black & clear tail lights. Washed it at my friends house and took some pics. I am thinking about spraying the guard black with bed liner, any opinions?

DSC01691.jpg

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i cant see the pic here at work but i probably wouldnt go with the spraying. im assuming you have the chrome one like i do. you would have to do LOTS of sanding to get it ready for the liner and even after you get it lined, probably wont look as good. you might be better off shopping craigslist or ebay for a black on if that is what you are going for.

OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks all, The more I drive it around and look at it the more I am starting to like it (until its wash time.) :rolleyes: My thoughts are now that I should paint my header panel and get the billet grill inserts along with some headlights (mine suck).

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there are other grills :D like mesh or diamond cut,
just a suggestion

Grillcraft_unit_ford_f150-F250_99-01u.jpg

97-98f150z.jpg

Thanks all, The more I drive it around and look at it the more I am starting to like it (until its wash time.) :rolleyes: My thoughts are now that I should paint my header panel and get the billet grill inserts along with some headlights (mine suck).

chrmar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would say with a chrome surround and bumper, leave the guard chrome. If you paint the surround and bumper, then a black one would work. Just my 2¢

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I like the idea of the black just think if you take it to far there will be to much black, i would drop a black costom grill and leave it as is. just my thoughts

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dont paint chrome.... unless you get it to bare metal... (past chrome and nickle) paint will not stick very well... best bet would be sell chrome and buy a black if you want that look.... for grills shop ebay... got a few toys there...lol search around you can find awesome deals.... remember if you search ebay look for F150 parts.... thats were i found my hood for 175 shipped....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt