My 97 5.4L XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are those hooks that you have welded in the front? i was thinkin of doin the same thing

Yes, they are hooks that bolt on to it, they are rated at 10K lbs. I hated losing my recovery hooks (looking at longer bolts to put them back on). After I get my lift/leveling kit and tires I will let you know if they hold up pulling me out.. :D

I am just going to keep the chrome grill guard. I have talked to a friend of mine that sprays the bed liners and he said the same thing about painting chrome. I am looking at getting the Chrome billet bumper and grill insert then maybe painting the header panel the same color as the truck.

Also debating painting the mirror covers either black (cheaper & easier) or blue to match the truck. I am taking the chrome fender trim and probably the door trim off as soon as it warms up a little.

Last edited:

chrmar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can get the chrome wheel trim off without ruining it, I may be interested in buying it from you.... :)

OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can get the chrome wheel trim off without ruining it, I may be interested in buying it from you.... :)

I will keep that in mind, but the after market trim is about $13 new at advanced auto. It is only the stick on, not one piece molded.

I will be picking up a heat gun from a friend of mine to loosen the grip of the 13 yr old tape.

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
use piano wire ( or high pound test fishing line) and vice grips to slide behind it too help take off them or modling...

OP
OP

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
use piano wire ( or high pound test fishing line) and vice grips to slide behind it too help take off them or modling...

Yea, good idea, I got some spider wire in the basement. Thanks Walnuts..

I love this forum. I can clearly see I am going to run out of money before I run out of idea's to customize my ride.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes this forum does make someone wanna burn through money.... my next mods are on hold because the next few are gonna require me to save up some cash.....

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i hear ya on the walnuts. still cant seem to find a good deal on that damn hood though! might just have to cruise the parking lots with my tools!!! hahah

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmmmmm, we doing a sas, this summer wingnut, lmao, hey im doing great on a budget, new lights rims, hitch, im kickin some expy a$$, lmao

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt