My 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What was wrong with the EXPY when you bought it and where did you buy it from?
I found it for sale on Craigslist from an individual strapped for cash.
I posted this up top but here it is again-

So far I have done these things to it -
Heater core
Blend door
Egr valve
Egr pressure sensor
Major interior cleaning
Mastercraft tires
Alignment
stripped out sub and amp and rewired stereo system
Coolant flush
Oil and filter

What was done before I got it -
Reman Transfer case a couple months ago
Battery
Tranny flush
Plugs and wires
Ball joints
Both exhaust manifolds replaced
New brakes all around
Flushed brake fluid system
Fuel system clean
New brake lines
New starter

nice find! Get that rust spot on the rear fender sanded out and painted before it gets beyond repair.

All the door bottoms need attention as well as that rear fender. I just found that I can get a black southern drivers door (worst one) for $300 so I will probably do that when I do the rest. It will cost that much to have a body man weld on a new bottom and pretty it up. The rest I will brush down and treat to get through the winter. Then in the spring new metal will get welded in and done right. It's still temporary. You can't defeat rust, just slow it down. It's been a fun project so far! I still need to pull the instrument cluster and replace bulbs and look at the tach. I will most likely have to live without that, or buy a used cluster. I can plug my scanner in if I really need to know rpms though.

Last edited:

Blueoval76

Reaction score
jrjr... I would shop around a little since I just replaced my passenger door with an almost perfect rust free one in the same color for $200 from my local bone yard. I used Car-part.com to find it. Very nice score by the way!!

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
jrjr... I would shop around a little since I just replaced my passenger door with an almost perfect rust free one in the same color for $200 from my local bone yard. I used Car-part.com to find it. Very nice score by the way!!
Thanks for the link. The best I found was rated ~ 000 and A ~ about 1.5 hours away for $300. The southern one I was talking about was about 40 minutes away for the same price and they get them regularly there. That's their business. I will keep looking though.

OP
OP
jrjr

jrjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question

With a rebuilt or new engine you are supposed to change oil after a short time. Would the same hold true with my reman transfer case?